The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

What would be the point in changing the manager at this point? He has a vision of how he wants the team to play and has signed players who he thinks can achieve that. Any new manager would be left with this group of players and may have a different vision. We were all excited by Mark’s plans. Although they haven’t worked out yet, I think we stick with it and hope he can sort out out our defensive problems. We just need a couple of good performances to get confidence back into the team and hopefully we can see again the promise this squad showed in the pre-season games.

4 hours ago, RedintheBed said:

What would be the point in changing the manager at this point? He has a vision of how he wants the team to play and has signed players who he thinks can achieve that. Any new manager would be left with this group of players and may have a different vision. We were all excited by Mark’s plans. Although they haven’t worked out yet, I think we stick with it and hope he can sort out out our defensive problems. We just need a couple of good performances to get confidence back into the team and hopefully we can see again the promise this squad showed in the pre-season games.

I'm not saying now is the time to change but we can't afford to wait until it's too late.  There are only 27 league games this season.

10 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

It always amazes me that folk have a pop at the committee, like all committees they do not always get it right and decision making for any committee is about judgment and timing. Sometimes its right, sometimes it aint.

However all those who think they can run it better and find the endless pots of money to throw at players never seem prepared to step forward at AGM's. I have been going to them for 20 odd years and cannot recall anyone putting in a challenge to the chair or any others to become part of it. So unless you are going to stick your head above the parapet I suggest you accept it and get on with it.

Well documented reasons why we have struggled financially and on the park whilst also competing with higher budgets in lower leagues in central belt. You'd have to ask them where they get there money from.

There is changes coming and if you were at the special meeting in December and the AGM you would know what these are. 

I too am fed up with the playing side and how it has panned out over the last few years. Think all part time clubs are a few poor decisions away from disaster - it is a fine line. Remember the committee have overseen the last 20 years - did you praise them when it was all going nicely?

It’s hard to get onto the committee if you are not part of the mafia/establishment 

17 hours ago, citydiehard said:

It’s hard to get onto the committee if you are not part of the mafia/establishment 

And that is your excuse?

It is a democratic process, AGM notice is given and invitees for committee requested, you put your name forward and it would be considered at AGM with a vote of approval by members.

Of course you need to be a season ticket holder first.

Its very simple and folk through up all sorts of excuses for not whilst also being super critical - I have been and am on committees that do its best to serve its interests and the communities. We do not always get it right and always welcome those with ideas to get involved but as soon as you challenge them to get involved they shut up.

I really thing you should put your name forward and implement your ideas to make us the world beaters we are.

Having watched the highlights some pretty obvious things to be sorted.

Too many players walking and not bursting a gut to either get back into defense or to close down opposition. Not closing down gave Ed so much time on the ball, particularly in midfield. Hard one to understand when we were told the players being signed had speed and desire - not seen it.

The defenders cannot defend, 3 goals down to defenders not doing the basics of marking their man - get tighter, make it harder.

Soft penalty by the way but a poor punch out did not clear the lines.

Positive, I am trying here - when we got the ball and moved it we looked ok but too often gave it away cheaply and then no reaction to get it back.

I would change some personnel around and see what others can do - not sure who as do not have a great understanding of who can do what. Likely; change a CB / LB and CM as a starting point. Keeper?

6 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Keeper?

From what I've seen so far this season, McMinn's inability to catch a low ball without fumbling it is something else.  Nelly really needs to get that sorted.

3 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Writing was on the wall when he held on to Page then laughably made him captain  and talked him up at the AGM 

We must have played nearly thirty games under him.  How many goals do you think we have conceded? I can’t be arsed working it out but it must be an eye watering amount.

He’s a two bit football pundit and we are indulging his fantasy of being a coach.  His day job this week will have been talking about what is going wrong at Celtic.  Neil Lennon would be pishing himself if he saw today’s game.