The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

image.thumb.png.ddd10f01e199d16b047fa8ad3ee66eb6.png

The Club is delighted to confirm that we will be providing an inaugural live stream of tomorrow's pre-season friendly against Raith Rovers FC. Supporters of both sides looking to stream the game are advised to register as soon as possible.

We expect to deliver a great live game experience for you all and we are encouraged by the testing carried out during bounce games to date, however we would like to reiterate that this is first time use of this exciting technology and as a result we may encounter some teething problems.

Visit the Hedge TV website  brechincity.com/hedgetvlive

GIF-Happy-joy-whoa-happy-excited-GIF.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Looking forward to watching the stream. Haven’t been able to watch the last couple of games but would seem as if this young squad is already showing signs of clicking together.

Hopefully more positives to take tomorrow ahead of two very tough Betfred matches.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Aye, this is a bit of an anti-climax, isn't it.

0-5  (82mins)

Rather disappointing 5th with the keeper all but letting it run in from a rather unremarkable header.  :wacko: 

Ha ha ha normal service resumes,what a waste of a fiver,I want a refund.

Ha ha ha normal service resumes,what a waste of a fiver,I want a refund.

What’s with all the negative waves

Keeper at fault for at least 3 goals (not sure about the 2nd as the camera missed it)

Impressed with the fitness and speed of the guys.

Considering we were playing a Championship team in very poor conditions I think there is optimism going forward.

0-5 FT

I never see the point in friendlies with teams placed two tiers higher tbh.  Always a bit of a mismatch and doesn't give much of a chance of seeing players anywhere near the setting you're preparing for.

Mixed views on the Pixellot system as although it was largely very good quality, there were three or four times it panned away from the action, and more seriously it missed the second goal altogether.  It seems to struggle whenever a long ball occurs, which could obviously be a bit of an issue when attempting to follow League 2 games.  Still, fairly good value for a fiver.

Edited by Hedgecutter

0-5 FT
I never see the point in friendlies with teams placed two tiers higher tbh.  Always a bit of a mismatch and doesn't give much of a chance of seeing players anywhere near the setting you're preparing for.
Mixed views on the Pixellot system as although it was largely very good quality, there were three or four times it panned out from the action, and more seriously it missed the second goal altogether.  It seems to struggle whenever a long ball occurs, which could obviously be a bit of an issue when attempting to follow a League 2 games. 

The system seemed to focus on the umbrella at the far side and the Steward with the yellow jacket at the cemetery end at times.

1 hour ago, City_slicker1906 said:

The system seemed to focus on the umbrella at the far side and the Steward with the yellow jacket at the cemetery end at times.

Considering that the system is attempting to follow a yellow ball, this could be a potential issue. :rolleyes:  On the flip side, get one to sit behind the goal at the TR end and we might see all the goals there.  

I think in most cases that it panned away from the action it preferred to focus on the midfield area of Trinity end half (Hedge TV in love affair with the hedge shocker).  As I've said elsewhere though, that was pretty decent quality considering it was only a fiver.  Can't really complain, especially in the future if you subscribe whilst knowing the tried-and-tested limitations in advance.

As for the game itself, considering this was a largely new team playing against a team two tiers higher on a rather heavy pitch, I'm not too disheartened with what's a heavy defeat on paper.   Was fairly one-sided, but we seemed decent enough in midfield when we had the ball, just largely lacked a cutting edge against a full-time opposition defence.  I would expect that sort of performance to have considerably more success at League 2 level, so there's absolutely no need for any doom and gloom, especially after a win and draw against two sides from a higher division in the previous two games. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

16 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

0-5 FT

Mixed views on the Pixellot system as although it was largely very good quality, there were three or four times it panned away from the action, and more seriously it missed the second goal altogether.  It seems to struggle whenever a long ball occurs, which could obviously be a bit of an issue when attempting to follow League 2 games.  Still, fairly good value for a fiver.

16 hours ago, City_slicker1906 said:

A potential problem was that there were spare balls dotted around the edge of the the park . The camera might have been picking them up instead of the match ball.  Just one line of thought being considered by the media team. 

This problem also occurred in the 2 previous matches as well. 

17 hours ago, OldRed said:

I didn’t know that is how the system works - can there be someone operating it instead?  The slow movement was pretty annoying. Agree that we didn’t look  too bad just need a cutting edge.

The cutting edge was definitely there against Farfar  under more ideal conditions.  So there is definitely hope. 

I think it was a case yesterday of trying a few options out.  Hopefully  the management team have an idea of our strongest line up . Not always easy to judge with so many changes in pre season. We should have more of an idea after the first couple of cup games once a settled formation is in place.