The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

11 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Any word on what's going on with crookie?  Wasn't in the list of players leaving so guessing they were in discussions. Herd we have signed one player hopfully will be announced soon 

With the money dried up looks like we will be after loan players again,can’t see doing well this season.

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

With the money dried up looks like we will be after loan players again,can’t see doing well this season.

Why don't you come along to the supporters meeting on Tuesday to voice your opinions face to face with the manager 

31 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think a lot of supporters have since been in touch and made their feelings known. I believe they are all against the idea and will be voting NO. 

It would have been nice if there was a bit more transparency around it.  Supporters shouldn't have to go to the club to ask the question. 

This was one of the complaints aimed at the previous committee.

2 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

It would have been nice if there was a bit more transparency around it.  Supporters shouldn't have to go to the club to ask the question. 

All will be fully explained at the meeting on Tuesday night. 

Your post mentioned the committee feeling of around a month ago. That was the time when not a lot of solid official  information was available for clubs and everyone was working on hearsay. A lot has happened in that time, including concerned supporters contacting the club. 

I THINK YOU SHOULD QUESTION THE SFA /SPFL FOR THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY .

I don't think the current regime wanted to rush into making rash decisions or statements until more information was available. 

More and more clubs are now making their intentions known on a daily basis and I wouldn't be surprised if  a statement wasn't far away. 

4 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

All will be fully explained at the meeting on Tuesday night. 

Your post mentioned the committee feeling of around a month ago. That was the time when not a lot of solid official  information was available for clubs and everyone was working on hearsay. A lot has happened in that time, including concerned supporters contacting the club. 

I THINK YOU SHOULD QUESTION THE SFA /SPFL FOR THE LACK OF TRANSPARENCY .

I don't think the current regime wanted to rush into making rash decisions or statements until more information was available. 

More and more clubs are now making their intentions known on a daily basis and I wouldn't be surprised if  a statement wasn't far away. 

I would hope a statement isn't far away considering the vote is before the Supporters' meeting on Tuesday.

14 hours ago, Brechin City FC said:

Hard to make a decision on no information from SFA. And not just the slim pickings that are public but the detail.

Anyway it'll not matter how the vote goes cause SFA are saying it will happen. Yet again all the lower levels get a shafting from the ruling body.

Brechin City chief Kevin Mackie would like to see changes to Scottish football’s structure – but would prefer to see the size of the SPFL increased, rather than a new league inserted beneath it.

He also believes the Highland and Lowland Leagues should receive a greater share of the money distributed within Scottish football to narrow the gap between the SPFL and the leagues below.

Mackie said: “I think it’s wrong that the Highland League and Lowland Leagues don’t get a better distribution of the SFA’s money.

“The two leagues get a pittance.

“It shouldn’t be that teams are handcuffed to a league – if they have ambition to progress they should have a better opportunity.

Brechin City chairman Kevin Mackie would like to see change to the structure of Scottish football.
“We won the league this season and I’ve never felt as low as I did at the end of the season (after losing in the pyramid play-offs).

“Whether it’s Brechin, Buckie, Brora, Fraserburgh or any club, if you’ve won the Highland League you should be rewarded with an easier pathway to move up.

“I would like to see a move to a 48-team SPFL with the bottom club in League Two going down and being replaced by the winners of the Highland and Lowland League play-off, and the losers of the play-off taking on the second bottom team in League Two.

“That way it would be like the other leagues where there’s the potential for two up and two down.

“I think that makes it fairer and it would be more interesting for the fans.

“The bigger the league the more exciting it is – managers, players and supporters don’t want to see teams playing each other four times a season.

“It’s good that it’s been withdrawn and hopefully in the future there can be some more focused discussion about the structure of Scottish football which is broadcast to the fans as well.

“There could have been much better dialogue in terms of delivering the proposal and getting it out to a wider audience.”

Dialogue could have been much better, says Brechin chief – as he calls for bigger SPFL and easier route up from Highland and Lowland League

On 06/06/2023 at 11:52, welshbairn said:

I like Kevin Mackie's idea for 4 divisions of 4 in the SPFL, although I can't see it happening. IF it ever did, given that would mean 6 new clubs in the SPFL, no reason why the HL and LL champions couldn't automatically be promoted. I would hope that would be an easier sell to relegate 2 from a 48 team SPFL than a 42 team one.