The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

19 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Ah ok he defantly puts in alot of hard work and is quite tricky in the Box would like to keep him specailly as there is a few clubs looking at Grady but not sure he would want another season in the Highland league. Wouldn't mind hester either 

Both Grady and Kane have got 1 year remaining on their contracts - their respective clubs will command a reasonable fee for their services and I'm not sure there is a lot of money around at the moment(Arbroath excluded) 

On 12/05/2023 at 19:01, RiverCity said:

That’s what I don’t like about players, instead of waiting to see what if why not sign for us and help our promotion push.For those players that have signed on again I thank you and hopefully next season we can do it.

He can’t sign when he is contracted to another club until a transfer fee is paid and his club agree to let him go to said club.

On 12/05/2023 at 16:16, Rossco8326 said:

I see hester has handed in a transfer request. Roumour was he was going to sign for us if we went up. Not sure what will happen with it now sure he will have other options 

After admitting he took money for getting a yellow card I doubt he'll be playing anywhere for a while after the SFA enquiry. He only got off with a not proven verdict in court because he claimed he forgot all about the bet and his card was just a coincidence.

https://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/elgin-city-striker-kane-hester-cleared-of-defrauding-bet365-306391/

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

After admitting he took money for getting a yellow card I doubt he'll be playing anywhere for a while after the SFA enquiry. He only got off with a not proven verdict in court because he claimed he forgot all about the bet and his card was just a coincidence.

https://www.northern-scot.co.uk/news/elgin-city-striker-kane-hester-cleared-of-defrauding-bet365-306391/

The way his interview in press went he is looking to be closer to home and either in the same or higher league - so we are out of the picture and not sure with his SFA investigation to be completed anyone will pay out Elgins transfer demands. 

8 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

The way his interview in press went he is looking to be closer to home and either in the same or higher league - so we are out of the picture and not sure with his SFA investigation to be completed anyone will pay out Elgins transfer demands. 

Or his wage demands. 

20 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Montrose paid £25k for him and £400 / week for 3 year deal. When did they get so minted?

Montrose are very well run club these days.

1 hour ago, BridiesHereBridiesThere said:

What kind of player is Kieran Inglis? Is he a good addition to our squad?

He's a good signing for you.Scores goals regularly and pretty decent at penalties too.Not afraid of getting stuck in and gives 100% - we will miss him.

3 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Other highland league teams making lots of signings,is the Muppett Mr Kirk leaving it until the last minute and it will just be the dregs (shite) left that we can sign.

Not easy getting good players to play in the HL unless you throw money at them to sign(or are based North of Aberdeen). Our finances have suffered over the last 2 seasons therefore we'll have to largely rely on very good quality juniors from the Midland league or development players who have just been released by their clubs. I'm sure announcements are imminent.

12 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Other highland league teams making lots of signings,is the Muppett Mr Kirk leaving it until the last minute and it will just be the dregs (shite) left that we can sign.

What, Brechin signing Highland League players? With the money you're spending?!?

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Please tell me what money Brechin are spending . 

Or are you just making shit up again ? 

Biggest player budget in the league I've been told.