The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

25 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Does HedgeTV not allow people to register to watch individual games now?

I was trying to pay for the Wick game on Saturday and couldn’t for the life of me find where to pay!

I’ve watched games on there before and could see they had the season ticket option but thought it odd that there was no simple link to go on.

Thought the rules changed after the lockdowns etc so no streaming is permitted on live matches anymore.

1 minute ago, greendot said:

Thought the rules changed after the lockdowns etc so no streaming is permitted on live matches anymore.

You're only allowed to do it as a monthly subscription, rather than PPV. The games can still be shown live, though, to overseas viewers.

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

You're only allowed to do it as a monthly subscription, rather than PPV. The games can still be shown live, though, to overseas viewers.

Really? Montrose vs Dunfermline had a ppv option on Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Really? Montrose vs Dunfermline had a ppv option on Saturday.

Ahhh that might have been because there was no English Premier League fixtures! The nonsense blackout rule is enforced for Saturday 3pm games again. Midweek games would still allow PPV.

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have been quite keen to watch that, if we weren't playing. Been following Brechin's season. Hell of an ask to come back up, but would like to see them do it, because its a local game when I'm at home in Scotland.

Yeah it’s almost definitely because of the international games, the 4pm kick off still shows in the black out time. Can’t see any reason why Brechin couldn’t have shown the game if they wanted to.

Ahh ok. Was about 20 minutes before kick off when I tried sorting it out. I had a feeling there were going to be plenty of goals (didn’t expect that many though!) but gave up just before 3pm when I couldn’t figure it out!

As someone mentioned above, the midweek game is on so I assume it’s to do with the kick off time on a Saturday then.

2 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

As a Deveronvale fan,cannot believe you lot are gonna hand the HL title tae that "shower" from Victoria Park........🙈

It's destined for "winner takes all" on the 22nd and I'm not confident about how we have been playing on our travels recently.

We can still afford to lose one of our games in the run up to the Buckie game, as long as we win that final day fixture.

Alternatively, if we can win all of those run up fixtures then we'd win the league with even a draw on the 22nd (assuming Buckie don't slip up further)

Well, having had time to reflect on the game I have concluded that no team performed well.

Fraserburgh set their stall out early and did a lot of hoof ball into the night sky with the hope of getting something, they kicked, digged, poked, irritated everyone at every turn. But hay if it works for you well done but it aint pretty. Unfortunately for us we then got involved and never looked like getting our game going. 

That said I thought our defence was our strongest part of the game as we created the same chances as Fraserburgh - very little.

As for the penalty? Well, I never understand why it is not decided on training nights who takes them. All that debate looked a bit daft and then Botti stopped to re spot the ball, for it to move back again from where he moved it. Either way not the best spot kick and saved. And he red card - nae sure but others felt not, their keeper (and not alone in this) took every opportunity to scream in agony and then roll about a bit before springing up.

I would, like many supporters know why he keeps hooking Grady.

In conclusion the point might be a good one but equally the penalty miss may well cost us. I hope Botti got it large after the game, appreciate the manager is publicly being supportive and positive but think in the dressing room he was raging.

Still all in our hands and we go forward to next game.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

Well, having had time to reflect on the game I have concluded that no team performed well.

Fraserburgh set their stall out early and did a lot of hoof ball into the night sky with the hope of getting something, they kicked, digged, poked, irritated everyone at every turn. But hay if it works for you well done but it aint pretty. Unfortunately for us we then got involved and never looked like getting our game going. 

That said I thought our defence was our strongest part of the game as we created the same chances as Fraserburgh - very little.

As for the penalty? Well, I never understand why it is not decided on training nights who takes them. All that debate looked a bit daft and then Botti stopped to re spot the ball, for it to move back again from where he moved it. Either way not the best spot kick and saved. And he red card - nae sure but others felt not, their keeper (and not alone in this) took every opportunity to scream in agony and then roll about a bit before springing up.

I would, like many supporters know why he keeps hooking Grady.

In conclusion the point might be a good one but equally the penalty miss may well cost us. I hope Botti got it large after the game, appreciate the manager is publicly being supportive and positive but think in the dressing room he was raging.

Still all in our hands and we go forward to next game.

Pretty much identical to how you played at Nairn at the start of February then.