Jump to content

The Brechin City Thread


Hedgecutter

Recommended Posts

Hopefully you lot can use a young AM like Arnott week in and week out. He’s easily capable of starting on a mid-League One team today, and should be a great asset for you. Not sure why we loaned him so far down the pyramid, but seeing your complaints about a light roster, perhaps playing time rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I try to avoid big statements, but I'd expect Arnott to be an excellent acquisition. I don't know too much about the standard of this level - I'd expect @CALDERONwill be a better judge given it's his neck of the woods (albeit no idea how often, if ever, he goes to HL games). We played a bounce game under McGlynn and Regan Hendry went to the manager after the game and was saying Arnott was one of the best young players he'd seen at our level. Similarly, Ross Matthews was full of praise. He's quite versatile, though he's not got the game time he maybe should've had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I try to avoid big statements, but I'd expect Arnott to be an excellent acquisition. I don't know too much about the standard of this level - I'd expect @CALDERONwill be a better judge given it's his neck of the woods (albeit no idea how often, if ever, he goes to HL games). We played a bounce game under McGlynn and Regan Hendry went to the manager after the game and was saying Arnott was one of the best young players he'd seen at our level. Similarly, Ross Matthews was full of praise. He's quite versatile, though he's not got the game time he maybe should've had. 

I get to a few mid week games a season.  I'd hopd Arnott would be one of the better midfielders in the league, for sure.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Last night is the worst I’ve seen Brechin play this season so far.The only good thing is we didn’t get beat.Our defence was sloppy last night which isn’t like them but when you chop and change the players that’s what you get.I’m a believer of you shouldn’t change a winning side unless there is injuries.With Cooney and MacLeod going off injured hopefully they are okay for Saturday as the squad is a bit light.We seem to get bullied by teams with bigger players too which is concerning.

Saturday is a big game for us we cannot afford to play as bad or we will get a good hiding from Brora.

Lets keep the unbeaten run going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RiverCity said:

Last night is the worst I’ve seen Brechin play this season so far.The only good thing is we didn’t get beat.Our defence was sloppy last night which isn’t like them but when you chop and change the players that’s what you get.I’m a believer of you shouldn’t change a winning side unless there is injuries.With Cooney and MacLeod going off injured hopefully they are okay for Saturday as the squad is a bit light.We seem to get bullied by teams with bigger players too which is concerning.

Saturday is a big game for us we cannot afford to play as bad or we will get a good hiding from Brora.

Lets keep the unbeaten run going.

To be fair Huntly defended well and we struggled to break them down. We have a few very talented young players but are missing a bit of experience in midfield and up front. Losing Seth Patrick was always going to be a big loss . Looks like a very hard game awaits us in Brora on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/10/2022 at 15:24, Kev8122 said:

To be fair Huntly defended well and we struggled to break them down. We have a few very talented young players but are missing a bit of experience in midfield and up front. Losing Seth Patrick was always going to be a big loss . Looks like a very hard game awaits us in Brora on Saturday.

Exactly this. We seemed to miss McHattie's calming influence in the first half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We also hit the woodwork multiple times.  Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but as said previously, Huntly defended really well (was impressed with Booth in particular who made some excellent tackles) and we were on top for the majority.

We do need to start creating more chances or results like this are going to become a bit more regular and cost us as they did last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

We also hit the woodwork multiple times.  Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but as said previously, Huntly defended really well (was impressed with Booth in particular who made some excellent tackles) and we were on top for the majority.

We do need to start creating more chances or results like this are going to become a bit more regular and cost us as they did last season. 

I think the chances are being created , just not being put away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Flat track bullies, Brora. Dingwall and ‘Meeko’ think they’re Erchie putting eleven by Pizzle and the like but they’re just wasting their time. 

snoopdog-snoop.gif.9d01478cbe5e9f1bd7f2e889b7ea4163.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Waiting for the heather to catch fire from what I have seen. Bang average.....

 

Thanks. Given his dearth of playing time, that doesn’t unduly concern me after a handful of games, but I do think he’s much better than that, so hopeful you’ll start smelling smoke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

Looks like Arnott is getting the starts for you lot now, how’s the laddie looking?

Hasn’t impressed so far, Seth Patrick is a better player who had to leave for personal reasons and we are missing him in midfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...