The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, charlie king mvp said:

Is anyone else a bit concerned about the goalkeeping situation?  Presumably we signed Lenny Wilson to be the first choice and with the first league game next week he has been on the bench the last two games.

Is the trialist goalkeeper who has played in the friendlies really up to the standard that we need if we want to be challenging for the league?

Agree with this.

Also think we could do with another centre mid.  Not so worried about the striker spot as we have a number of players who can play there - I'd be signing the trialist that's played there as well.

Do think we could use another central midfielder and that's where I'd like to see us bring in a loan signing.

Is anyone else a bit concerned about the goalkeeping situation?  Presumably we signed Lenny Wilson to be the first choice and with the first league game next week he has been on the bench the last two games.
Is the trialist goalkeeper who has played in the friendlies really up to the standard that we need if we want to be challenging for the league?
We still have Ian Ross im guessing he's been injured. We also have 4 loan players we can bring in

Agree with this.
Also think we could do with another centre mid.  Not so worried about the striker spot as we have a number of players who can play there - I'd be signing the trialist that's played there as well.
Do think we could use another central midfielder and that's where I'd like to see us bring in a loan signing.

If McGrath gets injured who is going to get us the 25+ goals required?

Ian Ross is moving on. Triallist whilst not really tested did everything right

I am concerned that Andy thinks Ian Davidson is a better midfielder than Fraser McLeod.

Also on Spartans showing I am not confident. We had five at back and five up top - long balls just cobbled up by defence. Midfield none existent despite Seth being our best player. We have loads of defenders, nearly half the squad.

We have a tough start to the season, sure Fraserburgh had no hand in us being at home to Buckie then making us travel to them in midweek. If we don't hit the ground running the season could be over pretty quickly. But if we do........ haha

I am concerned that Andy thinks Ian Davidson is a better midfielder than Fraser McLeod.

I’m concerned that Andy Kirk still thinks Davidson still resembles a footballer.

Regardless of his eyewatering wages he is a waste of a jersey and should be benched. Slower than a week in jail and doesn’t give a f**k either.

6 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

I just don't think the team is any better than it was last season. And to let your top goal soccer go just dosnt make sence I've been told he wasn't even offered a new contract

Marc Scott is still there.

Buckie appear to be going down the route of having a small squad with excellent players, meaning they'll tear everyone a new arsehole until injuries occur. The Broch have lost a couple of boys and didn't exactly have excess bodies about the place to start with so will be needing everyone to step up a bit, including the kids they've given time to in the Premier Sports Cup group. Brora, who knows. Legit signing a new goalkeeper instead of finding a second one on loan again just in case could be a sign Uncle Joe Malin is about done, and if he is they won't win the league. 

Brechin should do find this season if they can keep up with Buckie into the new year. I'd say that's the two contenders, with Brora slipping back into the Locos/Formartine/Rothes mess, with Fraserburgh capable of being in either group. 

20 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

We have a tough start to the season, sure Fraserburgh had no hand in us being at home to Buckie then making us travel to them in midweek.

Are Brechin taking over Fort William's victim of conspiracy mantle?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Are Brechin taking over Fort William's victim of conspiracy mantle?

Wait until they start postponing games because of an "overgrown hedge"...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

There's no way BOD will win the league.  They'll be in the Rothes/Locos/Formartine group of 5th to 8th

They beat East Fife 2-1, Broch 2-1, Locos 2-0, Formartine 4-1 and Buckie on penalties last season. Cup games aren't the same as the league though and I expect they'll take a season to settle in like Brechin. Top 4 finish.

Buckie appear to be going down the route of having a small squad with excellent players, meaning they'll tear everyone a new arsehole until injuries occur. The Broch have lost a couple of boys and didn't exactly have excess bodies about the place to start with so will be needing everyone to step up a bit, including the kids they've given time to in the Premier Sports Cup group. Brora, who knows. Legit signing a new goalkeeper instead of finding a second one on loan again just in case could be a sign Uncle Joe Malin is about done, and if he is they won't win the league. 
Brechin should do find this season if they can keep up with Buckie into the new year. I'd say that's the two contenders, with Brora slipping back into the Locos/Formartine/Rothes mess, with Fraserburgh capable of being in either group. 

Who have the Broch lost out of interest?