The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

33 minutes ago, edinabear said:

If Brechin don't go up this year can they switch to the Lowland League next season? 

Then they'll never get up

15 minutes ago, edinabear said:

True, but I thought this was behind all the boundary removal

The only reason I can think of for the boundary removal is that Rod Petrie and/or Ian Maxwell felt sorry for Ken Ferguson and wanted to see him vindicated for his embarrassing attempts at blackmail and bribery to misuse his board position in his last couple of seasons. With the Midland League set up the boundary issue seemed to be finally settled. Pretty sure Brechin would have to get promoted and relegated again to get into the Lowland League.

7 hours ago, edinabear said:

If Brechin don't go up this year can they switch to the Lowland League next season? 

As things stand right now in terms of the new rules no, but the old rules didn't stop them from trying to barge their way in last year with SFA help so time will tell.

12 hours ago, edinabear said:

True, but I thought this was behind all the boundary removal

Who knows what goes on behind the murky doors of the SPFL / SFA and associated partners.

Agendas galore.

One thing is for sure, talk to the wrong guy and you are fucked. 

On 04/01/2022 at 05:05, LongTimeLurker said:

As things stand right now in terms of the new rules no, but the old rules didn't stop them from trying to barge their way in last year with SFA help so time will tell.

Aye but the Lowland league quite happy to have the ugly sisters in. Despite weekends result I am quite enjoying the HL.

What is being built at Brechin does not and will not depend on what happens this year, as painful as Saturday was we are still on track for improvement. Granted on the pitch success may not happen this year but we are building and it will arrive.

Guest mr_malcolm
Aye but the Lowland league quite happy to have the ugly sisters in. Despite weekends result I am quite enjoying the HL.
What is being built at Brechin does not and will not depend on what happens this year, as painful as Saturday was we are still on track for improvement. Granted on the pitch success may not happen this year but we are building and it will arrive.

How will it ? What are you building ?

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Park's of Hamilton presumably whose owner Douglas Park didn't take the hint from the name his parents gave him about who he was expected to support.

What's the issue here ?  It's just a simple case of our club trying to rebuild after a disastrous  few years of poor decision making. 

If folk are too caught up in their own agendas  and conspiracy theories to accept that then fair enough. 

If anyone was offering outright odds on the Highland League I think I'd still put a few quid on Brechin. Half a season to go, it would have to be at least 3/1 though.