The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

What's gone wrong at Glebe Park? A poor shadow of a side at McDiarmid last night. Did the club not build up some decent cash reserves from the season in the Championship? 

That bottom spot must be a slight concern? And that would be a real shame to see. 

35 minutes ago, Radford said:

What's gone wrong at Glebe Park? A poor shadow of a side at McDiarmid last night. Did the club not build up some decent cash reserves from the season in the Championship? 

That bottom spot must be a slight concern? And that would be a real shame to see. 

I really hope for Brechin’s sake they aren’t relying too much on McManus. He’s been done for a while now.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

1-2, 

0-6 

0-3

0-3

0-4

0-4 

Can't beat a bit of confidence ahead of the league starting.

tenor.gif

At least we've now signed the guy who scored the goal against Dundee in the friendly though :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Who on earth is that?

His Facebook page (not his personal account) consists of a video showing him producing an assist for Llanelli Town and a photo of him covered in mud.

This could be the masterstroke signing we need.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Who on earth is that?

The club are pleased to confirm the signing of French striker Emile Ngoy. 

The frontman, who stands at 6 foot 3, has been training with the club throughout pre-season and netted against Dundee in the friendly at Glebe Park. 

Despite only being 22 years of age, he is well travelled having had stints in Portugal and Italy and most recently played for Llanelli Town who were relegated from the Welsh Premier League last season. 

Manager Barry Smith said, "Emile did well for us in pre-season. He's a tall striker with good pace and he's shown in training he's got a real eye for goal.” 

9 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Ross Sinclair goalkeeper signs from st johnstone bit of a weird one if you ask me ?

That's a fantastic signing btw. He's an absolutely excellent 'keeper, and someone I'd been hoping we'd be after this summer. Seems like we've killed off the St JohnSons partnership though 😭

Edited by Jan Vojáček

Ross Sinclair goalkeeper signs from st johnstone bit of a weird one if you ask me ?

That’s a brilliant signing for Brechin as Sinclair has a massive future in the game. Big things are expected of him by Bobby Geddes and Tommy Wright at club level, and Fraser Stewart at International Level.

That’s a brilliant signing for Brechin as Sinclair has a massive future in the game. Big things are expected of him by Bobby Geddes and Tommy Wright at club level, and Fraser Stewart at International Level.
Where does he fit in with two keepers we already have unless Barry is gonna rotate round all three for the season ahead

3 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:
17 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Where does he fit in with two keepers we already have unless Barry is gonna rotate round all three for the season ahead

Don't think he has come to Brechin to sit on the bench

I don't know what to make of proceedings up to now.   In most of our games so far we have played with Shagger as the lone striker.   I would have thought by now that most of the 17 would have been back and Smith would have more or less worked out his strongest 11 , but last night showed we are none the wiser.  A few players missing again , a couple playing in different positions to their norm  and only 4 on the bench including Smith and Paddy .  

I had been relatively happy with progress up till now but last night it seemed like we were back to square one again. I only hope we can get a win ( or at the very least a goal ) very soon as that old defeatist habit will start to creep in again. 

As for the new keeper I find that a very strange move . Hopefully it won't unsettle the 2 we have already. 

On to Saturday then ..........not a clue what formation we will play , who will be in goal , if we will have more than one striker .........If we are thinking that, god knows what Smith's head is like just now.