Jump to content

The Brechin City Thread


Hedgecutter

Recommended Posts

I think that there is a genuine feeling amongst a lot of City fans that the squad we are assembling will be a match for most of the other 17 teams in the league. The new Manager is combining experienced  senior players with a mixture of exciting youngsters and I for one can't wait for the HL to start.

I have high expectations this season and as there is no transfer window in the HL I would expect that money to be raised from the share issue later this year will be partially used in the second half of the season to help us push on and perhaps win the league at the first attempt .

 

New teams to play and new grounds to visit will undoubtedly mean that fans will travel again and I hope that the supporters club will run buses.

 

'Mon the City!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Les Brechin said:

Hi,

I have posted on here before but a long time ago. Let me just re-introduce myself. I am an avid Grimsby Town fan, having been born and bred there. Last season was not a very good season for us as we (just like yourselves) ended up being relegated to non-league. The reason I have a big interest in Brechin is that it is my surname, so I have always followed Brechin's fortunes. I have been to watch them a couple of times too but haven't yet got to a game at Glebe Park with both visits being away games at Berwick and Livingston.

The reason I am posting on here is that every year (barring last year for obvious reasons) my brother and I spend a week up in The Highlands. This year we are going up early November and it just so happens that you are scheduled to play Clachnacuddin on the Saturday we are up there, so to get my football fix that week I was going to come over to the game.

When I went to Berwick I got into a really great chat with some Brechin fans, one even gave me their scarf, which I still proudly own. Just wondering if you know how your away support would hold up next season, as it would be great to meet up with a few fans pre-match like we did both time previously.

I know it's a while away and I suppose your following will obviously depend on how well you are doing.

Hopefully this coming season will be a far, far better season for both Grimsby and Brechin as last year was a complete nightmare, made worse by the fact that I couldn't even go to a single game last season to support the team.

Good luck for the coming season and hope to see a few of you in November when hopefully most of the current restictions will have been lifted.

Nice to hear from you Les. I am always interested in why folk from far and wide follow Brechin, yours is a great reason.

By November we will know how well we are doing but suspect a number of Brechin supporters will be making several weekends out of the trips, Inverness may well be one of them. We are hopeful of a positive season and with a share issue coming, yes you can sit in your local in Grimsby saying you own shares in Brechin City - if you wish. They are going to be priced so that any fan can buy a tenner or so worth. 

By November you will know. Thanks for you support and I will look out for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Nice to hear from you Les. I am always interested in why folk from far and wide follow Brechin, yours is a great reason.

By November we will know how well we are doing but suspect a number of Brechin supporters will be making several weekends out of the trips, Inverness may well be one of them. We are hopeful of a positive season and with a share issue coming, yes you can sit in your local in Grimsby saying you own shares in Brechin City - if you wish. They are going to be priced so that any fan can buy a tenner or so worth. 

By November you will know. Thanks for you support and I will look out for you..

That's interesting. I'll keep an eye out for when they go on sale.

Strangely, here in Grimsby, despite our relegation, most Mariners fans are quite positive about the coming season as we've finally got rid of the one man who has been a constant in our last 15 or so years of misery and we now have new owners (2 Grimsby men who have made good), so hopefully a far better season awaits. They've already said that this season's playing budget will be bigger than last season.

Here's hoping for a double promotion season coming up. 😁

Edited by Les Brechin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Clach have had 3 preseason games scheduled and all 3 cancelled due to Covid. There might be one coming up I haven't heard about, but I'm quite glad we won't have to play you lot till the Spring. Booked into the Northern Hotel for it as soon as the fixtures came out as an ironic joke that nobody will ever get.. The real thing starts a week on Saturday, Locos away which could be tough. You have Turriff at home which might be a gentle introduction but since there hasn't been any football for a year or more, nobody really knows.

Keep that sort of chat for the Covid thread...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I think that there is a genuine feeling amongst a lot of City fans that the squad we are assembling will be a match for most of the other 17 teams in the league. The new Manager is combining experienced  senior players with a mixture of exciting youngsters and I for one can't wait for the HL to start.

I have high expectations this season and as there is no transfer window in the HL I would expect that money to be raised from the share issue later this year will be partially used in the second half of the season to help us push on and perhaps win the league at the first attempt .

New teams to play and new grounds to visit will undoubtedly mean that fans will travel again and I hope that the supporters club will run buses.

'Mon the City!

Even if we can assemble one of the strongest squads in the league, it all comes down to how quickly they can gel as a team and hit the ground running. 

In 2019/20, Brora won 24 of 26 and 2nd place Fraserburgh won 17 of 23, so we can't afford a series of slip ups whilst finding their feet if we have any intention of winning it at the first attempt.  I think Davidson is suspended for the first few games?

Also, the good thing with the HL is that it forces you to go to the away days if you have any ambition of going to a particular ground.  You can't just say "I'll go to the next one when we play them there again" as one might with the SPFL.  Unless it's postponed of course, in which case you're probably missing it.

Edited by Hedgecutter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Even if we can assemble one of the strongest squads in the league, it all comes down to how quickly they can gel as a team and hit the ground running. 

In 2019/20, Brora won 24 of 26 and 2nd place Fraserburgh won 17 of 23, so we can't afford a series of slip ups whilst finding their feet if we have any intention of winning it at the first attempt.  I think Davidson is suspended for the first few games?

Also, the good thing with the HL is that it forces you to go to the away days if you have any ambition of going to a particular ground.  You can't just say "I'll go to the next one when we play them there again" as one might with the SPFL.  Unless it's postponed of course, in which case you're probably missing it.

Davidson served his suspensions in the League Cup, fairly sire he is good for the league.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Davidson was a two game ban so would be technically available for tomorrow I would think. I’ve just seen that his testimonial is tonight though so that might put paid to that…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Davidson was a two game ban so would be technically available for tomorrow I would think. I’ve just seen that his testimonial is tonight though so that might put paid to that…

He played the first 25 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Citytillidie said:

Not actually been that bad a bad mistake by Davo and a penalty are all cowdung have had.Apart from that it’s been an even game with maybe city been the better team

You must be watching a different game from me.If we were the better team which we weren’t  we would have won the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/06/2021 at 21:35, TxRover said:

You’ll love him 95% of the time, and cry in frustration 5% of the time. Excellent awareness and distribution are his strengths, a tendency toward red mist and being goaded into things is his weakness. As was cryptically referred to earlier, expect him to get suspended for a week or two around Christmas, accumulated yellows is a popular way.

18 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He played the first 25 minutes.

Well, he managed 84 minutes today... before getting sent off and probably costing us the game (as Cowden scored the winner in the 89th minute).

Can't say we weren't warned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/07/2021 at 11:54, gm_1982 said:

Davidson was a two game ban so would be technically available for tomorrow I would think. I’ve just seen that his testimonial is tonight though so that might put paid to that…

Davo clocking up another red so early on in the season. Wonder how many more he'll pick up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well, he managed 84 minutes today... before getting sent off and probably costing us the game (as Cowden scored the winner in the 89th minute).

Can't say we weren't warned.

84/90=93.3%…I said 5% cry, sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well, he managed 84 minutes today... before getting sent off and probably costing us the game (as Cowden scored the winner in the 89th minute).

Can't say we weren't warned.

I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.

Thanks for that, we were wondering why it happened.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to wish you all the best for the coming season.You have assembled a decent squad and should be there abouts. Today's game could have gone either way. Davidson unlucky with the red. He will be a big player for you this season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.

Sounds like he was at fault for the first though. He'll be a total liability, even at that level. Good luck with him, you'll need it. 

Absolutely delighted we've got rid of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...