The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

15 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The answer is not to give this muppet the time of day.  

Exactly, I’ve no idea why people even give him the time of day, and I know he will be enjoying the fact I’m another moaning about his troll ways but people really need to ignore his shite. 

1 hour ago, MonTheHedge said:

Exactly, I’ve no idea why people even give him the time of day, and I know he will be enjoying the fact I’m another moaning about his troll ways but people really need to ignore his shite. 

Agreed we should ignore him hopefully one day he’ll disappear from here , that been said it’s frustrating as hell with some of his criticism, I can be quite harsh myself at times but citydiehard clearly ain’t a “die hard” and is just here to troll.

2 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Agreed we should ignore him hopefully one day he’ll disappear from here , that been said it’s frustrating as hell with some of his criticism, I can be quite harsh myself at times but citydiehard clearly ain’t a “die hard” and is just here to troll.

I’d just be happy if people stopped quoting his shite. I have him blocked because I can’t be arsed with the inane drivel he posts. Then someone goes and quote replies him and I get to see said drivel! 

On 12/07/2021 at 11:24, Citytillidie said:

You’re funny

4-0. Considering we are still playing full time sides who have been training for a month I am not overly despondent. Some decent performances and oddly in a 4-0 defeat at the back. 1st goal keeper shouted for it and defender got in way, fell to RR player you dispatched it at half time. Second have shape was changed that opened us up a bit but it meant we over something at the top of the park with M Scott forcing a decent save. Second goal was a huge deflection, third was poor marking and fourth well worked. (might have them in wrong order).

Players are still getting to know each other and the League Cup was always an extension of pre-season, best for us Wood (need Davidson back so Wood can be up top with Cox), Docherty, Bain, Cox and Jack in goals. Most are at least working hard.

Full time training showed through, I can see how we are trying to play and some more training and games should help, very few hoofs up the park for the sake of it.

Be interesting to see us play other part time teams for a comparison. 4 games in and we have played 3 F/T teams. 

Pretty much agree that there’s no grounds for you to panic, given the messed up nature of this season start and last seasons end. Davo will stiffen up the defense nicely, and as you noted we have played a number of matches to get the layers used to the passing style we love so much. You’ll also find Davo has a keen eye for passing the ball forward quickly and creating a counter.

16 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Be interesting to see us play other part time teams for a comparison. 4 games in and we have played 3 F/T teams. 

Clach have had 3 preseason games scheduled and all 3 cancelled due to Covid. There might be one coming up I haven't heard about, but I'm quite glad we won't have to play you lot till the Spring. Booked into the Northern Hotel for it as soon as the fixtures came out as an ironic joke that nobody will ever get.. The real thing starts a week on Saturday, Locos away which could be tough. You have Turriff at home which might be a gentle introduction but since there hasn't been any football for a year or more, nobody really knows.

Hi,

I have posted on here before but a long time ago. Let me just re-introduce myself. I am an avid Grimsby Town fan, having been born and bred there. Last season was not a very good season for us as we (just like yourselves) ended up being relegated to non-league. The reason I have a big interest in Brechin is that it is my surname, so I have always followed Brechin's fortunes. I have been to watch them a couple of times too but haven't yet got to a game at Glebe Park with both visits being away games at Berwick and Livingston.

The reason I am posting on here is that every year (barring last year for obvious reasons) my brother and I spend a week up in The Highlands. This year we are going up early November and it just so happens that you are scheduled to play Clachnacuddin on the Saturday we are up there, so to get my football fix that week I was going to come over to the game.

When I went to Berwick I got into a really great chat with some Brechin fans, one even gave me their scarf, which I still proudly own. Just wondering if you know how your away support would hold up next season, as it would be great to meet up with a few fans pre-match like we did both time previously.

I know it's a while away and I suppose your following will obviously depend on how well you are doing.

Hopefully this coming season will be a far, far better season for both Grimsby and Brechin as last year was a complete nightmare, made worse by the fact that I couldn't even go to a single game last season to support the team.

Good luck for the coming season and hope to see a few of you in November when hopefully most of the current restictions will have been lifted.

Edited by Les Brechin

I think that there is a genuine feeling amongst a lot of City fans that the squad we are assembling will be a match for most of the other 17 teams in the league. The new Manager is combining experienced  senior players with a mixture of exciting youngsters and I for one can't wait for the HL to start.

I have high expectations this season and as there is no transfer window in the HL I would expect that money to be raised from the share issue later this year will be partially used in the second half of the season to help us push on and perhaps win the league at the first attempt .

New teams to play and new grounds to visit will undoubtedly mean that fans will travel again and I hope that the supporters club will run buses.

'Mon the City!

1 hour ago, Les Brechin said:

Hi,

I have posted on here before but a long time ago. Let me just re-introduce myself. I am an avid Grimsby Town fan, having been born and bred there. Last season was not a very good season for us as we (just like yourselves) ended up being relegated to non-league. The reason I have a big interest in Brechin is that it is my surname, so I have always followed Brechin's fortunes. I have been to watch them a couple of times too but haven't yet got to a game at Glebe Park with both visits being away games at Berwick and Livingston.

The reason I am posting on here is that every year (barring last year for obvious reasons) my brother and I spend a week up in The Highlands. This year we are going up early November and it just so happens that you are scheduled to play Clachnacuddin on the Saturday we are up there, so to get my football fix that week I was going to come over to the game.

When I went to Berwick I got into a really great chat with some Brechin fans, one even gave me their scarf, which I still proudly own. Just wondering if you know how your away support would hold up next season, as it would be great to meet up with a few fans pre-match like we did both time previously.

I know it's a while away and I suppose your following will obviously depend on how well you are doing.

Hopefully this coming season will be a far, far better season for both Grimsby and Brechin as last year was a complete nightmare, made worse by the fact that I couldn't even go to a single game last season to support the team.

Good luck for the coming season and hope to see a few of you in November when hopefully most of the current restictions will have been lifted.

Nice to hear from you Les. I am always interested in why folk from far and wide follow Brechin, yours is a great reason.

By November we will know how well we are doing but suspect a number of Brechin supporters will be making several weekends out of the trips, Inverness may well be one of them. We are hopeful of a positive season and with a share issue coming, yes you can sit in your local in Grimsby saying you own shares in Brechin City - if you wish. They are going to be priced so that any fan can buy a tenner or so worth. 

By November you will know. Thanks for you support and I will look out for you.

16 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Nice to hear from you Les. I am always interested in why folk from far and wide follow Brechin, yours is a great reason.

By November we will know how well we are doing but suspect a number of Brechin supporters will be making several weekends out of the trips, Inverness may well be one of them. We are hopeful of a positive season and with a share issue coming, yes you can sit in your local in Grimsby saying you own shares in Brechin City - if you wish. They are going to be priced so that any fan can buy a tenner or so worth. 

By November you will know. Thanks for you support and I will look out for you..

That's interesting. I'll keep an eye out for when they go on sale.

Strangely, here in Grimsby, despite our relegation, most Mariners fans are quite positive about the coming season as we've finally got rid of the one man who has been a constant in our last 15 or so years of misery and we now have new owners (2 Grimsby men who have made good), so hopefully a far better season awaits. They've already said that this season's playing budget will be bigger than last season.

Here's hoping for a double promotion season coming up. 😁

Edited by Les Brechin