The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

8 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The others suffered because they were in a relegation position. THERE WERE NO PLAY OFFS PLAYED BECAUSE OF THE INCREASING COVID RISKS  AND TIMESCALES INVOLVED IN COMPLETING THEM . 

What part of that do you fail to comprehend ? 

Get fucking doon 😂

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

They are down . You support Hearts why the f**k do you care. 

Sporting integrity and progressive clubs being allowed to climb the pyramid.. You support Albion Rovers, why the f**k do you care.

11 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Sporting integrity and progressive clubs being allowed to climb the pyramid.. You support Albion Rovers, why the f**k do you care.

^^^^^^ Hearts fan absolutely ragin his own team won the title and absolutely gleeful another team two divisions down got relegated. Enjoy yourself.

7 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Your username is a tad dated

Unless he just really likes AC/DC and the capitalisation of Angus refers to the way it gets shouted out in Whole Load of Rosie (live).

If the colts bugger off (but we all know what'll probably happen) , it'll be interesting to see if this HL v LL thing rears its head again when the LL finds itself two teams down.

The Lowland League is only supposed to be a 16 team league, so it wouldn't really be two teams down.

9 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

I think the incorporation motion was voted through, not sure if anything else came out of the EGM would be nice to hear something on a new manager 

It was voted through, pretty large majority. I imagine the manager and signings will have to wait until it’s decided what league we are in. They have invited applications already so they will have to sift through those and interview candidates. I wouldn’t expect much news for another week at least. 

On the EGM, I thought some valid questions were made and I thought Grant Johnston in particular spoke well. I’m not as worried as I was previously but do still have concerns around the 25% potentially allowing as little as 3 people to make decisions.

I would also like to express thanks to the outgoing committee members, they have done a fantastic job over the years and their input will be missed. Looking forward to seeing them enjoy watching the team as supporters.

4 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

It was voted through, pretty large majority. I imagine the manager and signings will have to wait until it’s decided what league we are in. They have invited applications already so they will have to sift through those and interview candidates. I wouldn’t expect much news for another week at least. 

On the EGM, I thought some valid questions were made and I thought Grant Johnston in particular spoke well. I’m not as worried as I was previously but do still have concerns around the 25% potentially allowing as little as 3 people to make decisions.

I would also like to express thanks to the outgoing committee members, they have done a fantastic job over the years and their input will be missed. Looking forward to seeing them enjoy watching the team as supporters.

Cheers for the update, a step in the right direction by the sounds of it and hopefully get a bit of light soon on our next league destination

9 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

Agreed as much as they have been slated the last few years.(in some cases it has been deserved) people forget the 20 years before that where they ran the club pretty well.Looking forward to a new era at the glebe I hope the new board will be able to reconnect the club with the community and get people back through the gate.

Hope you lot get back up soon. Have loads of bad and good memories from Cowden games up there. I missed the twelve goal game. I remember us being three up in that midweek game and us making an arse of it. I was there for that first leg play off game we were two nil up in and made an arse of it. Of course the favourite was the three nil play off game to go to the Championship. For a Cowden fan that was just a fantastic day.

Down at our bit the two one win in 2001 was another cracking day. I mind you lot beating us in a play off as well. Loads of big games.

Just as long as the next big game isn't a play off match at the end of this coming season!