The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Agree it's not looking good for Brechin, but contrary to what was in their letter to the SPFL the greater recent match practice they will have should be a net advantage rather than a problem. Brora and Kelty could effectively be in preseason form next week.

Agree they could be. But we’ve played both Kelty and Brora this season. On the day they both looked top end League 2 sides, with good and well trained players and I wouldn’t bank on them being off the pace!

ps - we have the dates for the Brora/Kelty matches - do we have the dates for the final?

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Shame on him

And double shame on me for missing it.

(I was just pleased with the Cowden fans' comments I skipped over that sentence. Will have to concentrate 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You are slipping. There was an SPFL=senior leagues reference on the last page that you haven't responded to yet. Agree it's not looking good for Brechin, but contrary to what was in their letter to the SPFL the greater recent match practice they will have should be a net advantage rather than a problem. Brora and Kelty could effectively be in preseason form next week.

I’m not sure about the playing advantage

They beat us 2-0 and their manager said it was the first time since restart he had a full squad.

He played the same team last night and lost two players to injury in the first half inc himself.

3 hours ago, Neilly said:

Do we think the play off final will be televised?

I can't recall if these games have been televised or not in previous years on Alba or whatever but this is absolute must watch drama considering what has gone on over the previous two campaigns and all the uncertainty surrounding it all.

I wish Brechin all the best and hope they can survive but I can't help thinking the writing is on the wall. I don't know enough about the Brora side but the Kelty side would be a top four team in this leage for sure so should really deal with this Brechin side comfortably you would think. 

At last a good post from Neilly. Yes the games should be televised.  I also wish Brechin all the best, one of the few stadiums I can visit without a lengthy drive. We’ve had many tight games games in recent times and it would be sad if they don’t make it.

Don’t think Brora or Kelty will be as strong as Cove were and Brechin are a much better outfit than Berwick were at the end of the season. I think and hope Brechin will get through this .

1 hour ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Agree they could be. But we’ve played both Kelty and Brora this season. On the day they both looked top end League 2 sides, with good and well trained players and I wouldn’t bank on them being off the pace!

ps - we have the dates for the Brora/Kelty matches - do we have the dates for the final?

I’m led to believe they will be Tues 11th and Sat 15th. Brechin will be away in first leg.

Edited by Big Dougie

1 minute ago, andrew21 said:

Brechin have a squad of twenty three and nearly every game have had nine named on the bench. Ok some of those might not have been 100% fit but pulling the players out injured card is a load of tosh especially  when those players were playing they weren't getting any better results.

You haven't obviously been following any of our games, just the stats.  The injuries are to our most influential experienced guys who (when fit )  have been guiding the young players through games.  Tuesday night was the first time in many matches that they were all playing together. ........Result- clean sheet victory.   That team started again on Thursday and were by far the dominant team until big Gerry went off injured then our defence crumpled to another pitiful defeat.  No coincidence that Gerry was mom on Tuesday either. 

Are the bookings and disciplinary points gained by Brora and Kelty in the games played so far extended on a PPG basis ?

There's no such thing as disciplinary points, and suspensions for yellow cards don't extend into the play-offs anyway.

I'm glad they have to face the music.

I won't revel in it though. It truly is a harsh reality than my club are just as at risk. Brechin were always one of the PT teams other clubs envied.

That being said I don't fear going down. As long as the club is there, you can get to the games, get a pint, that's the most important thing.

On 30/04/2021 at 19:01, craigkillie said:

There's no such thing as disciplinary points, and suspensions for yellow cards don't extend into the play-offs anyway.

There are misconduct points and suspensions for yellow cards do extend into the play offs