The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

49 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Yea clearly "big Ken's" influence stretches beyond the SPFL

I’m not sure Ken’s influence stretches beyond the 4 walls of the Brechin boardroom anymore, sadly.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

I certainly hope there is no legal challenge. I do think we have been embarrassed enough over the years. I understand that you have to try your best for your club and to a degree appreciate the effort. However I think take whatever medicine is coming and invest to rebuild.

SPFL may decide today and it would be Bora and Kelty who might need the legal action.

Either way if decided off the football pitch it will be a mess!

Aye but you can't throw your toys out the pram and threaten legal action against the league for your club being relegated for being utter shite.  Brechin City absolutely deserve to be in a relegation play off, and really deserve relegation to the HL.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye but you can't throw your toys out the pram and threaten legal action against the league for your club being relegated for being utter shite.  Brechin City absolutely deserve to be in a relegation play off, and really deserve relegation to the HL.

Useful to cherry pick what I said. I also said we should take whatever medicine is coming our way and that I do not want a legal challenge.

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Despite all the conspiracy theories , Brechin’s agreement to complete the season would suggest accepting what will be - will be. The lessons of clubs taking legal action last year I would hope have been learned. The HL and LL are no position to lecture anyone on moving goalposts and sporting integrity. The LL clubs broke their own agreement on how to finish a less than 50% season and Brora are declared champions after 3 games. In the end all clubs vote for self interest including HL/LL.  They have nominated champions so let them play!

On 16/04/2021 at 08:42, Gordon EF said:

Our worst season in recent memory was 2000/01 where we finished 8th on 40 points, only 5 clear of Queen's Park in 10th. 

You mean season 2001/02. We got relegated from the 2nd Division on goal difference in 2000/01 

1 minute ago, Mick1867 said:

You mean season 2001/02. We got relegated from the 2nd Division on goal difference in 2000/01 

Aye. You're right. Was getting my pishy early-mid noughties seasons mixed up. We were 5 points off finishing bottom in 01/02 then got promoted the next season in 02/03 before coming straight back down and scuttling around the bottom for a few years. 

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Useful to cherry pick what I said. I also said we should take whatever medicine is coming our way and that I do not want a legal challenge.

That's the P&B way right enough.  Quite a few do that as it makes them feel good about themselves . A bit like MPs. 

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

What's the Goss from today then...Did the meeting go ahead has expected?

Just on Sportsound there, SPFL looking to take legal advice. This is going to turn into a shameful  tit for tat situation.

13 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Just on Sportsound there, SPFL looking to take legal advice. This is going to turn into a shameful  tit for tat situation.

Legal Advice for what?

8 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Legal Advice for what?

The legitimacy of Kelty and Brora being declared champions. To be honest it’s what I had heard was going to happen, it’s still disappointing though.

5 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

The legitimacy of Kelty and Brora being declared champions. To be honest it’s what I had heard was going to happen, it’s still disappointing though.

It's also ridiculous, as I babbled on about before. The leagues were both well within their rights to declare the clubs as champions, regardless of how far the leagues had progressed. Genuinely pathetic if they're actually going along with this.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's also ridiculous, as I babbled on about before. Genuinely pathetic if they're actually going along with this.

Apparently there was a significant amount of lobbying over the weekend ahead of today’s SPFL general meeting.

5 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Apparently there was a significant amount of lobbying over the weekend ahead of today’s SPFL general meeting.

If that's the case, the hypocrisy is unbelievable. Crying about the European Super League while this is happening.

27 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Very odd.So who are they up against ?Highland league and lowland league committee for declaring their teams winner of the league?

2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Very odd.So who are they up against ?Highland league and lowland league committee for declaring their teams winner of the league?

I think that is the scenario.