The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Did Price deliver the boards objectives of winning the league and getting promotion NO,so he should go,if he stays just shows this boards lack of ambition as Price will not deliver the league.

The lack of of communication towards the fans also shows our opinions don’t matter,we’ll be prepared for less season ticket sales for next season and dwindling crowds.

The board is appointed by the shareholders who re-appoint them(or not) at the AGM which does not need to take place until the end of November.

Only other way is to get shareholders who between them own 10% of the current issued share capital, to instruct the board to call an "Extraordinary General  Meeting".

I can't really see that happening - if you look at Companies House you'll see the current shareholders and their shareholding.

We share your frustrations but there really isn't any requirement for the board to make any statement . 

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Did Price deliver the boards objectives of winning the league and getting promotion NO,so he should go,if he stays just shows this boards lack of ambition as Price will not deliver the league.

The lack of of communication towards the fans also shows our opinions don’t matter,we’ll be prepared for less season ticket sales for next season and dwindling crowds.

I didn't say Price shouldn't go - I have been 'Price Out' since the Buckie home game. 

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Who was the last Brechin manager who didn't have you calling for his resignation within weeks?

On 24/04/2024 at 14:48, Kev8122 said:

I make it 14 in contract:

Wilson, McCabe

Martin, Thomson, McHattie

Ferguson, Patrick, Macloud, Moreland

Scott, Hastie, Raeside, Tosh, Loudon

Very solid base for a team.  Grady's replacement is obviously going to be the top priority then filling out the squad around what we have. 

Hopefully Spark signs back on; Handling and McDonald would be good to have too but are probably on decent wages so would rather get a striker in first.

20 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

Very solid base for a team.  Grady's replacement is obviously going to be the top priority then filling out the squad around what we have. 

Hopefully Spark signs back on; Handling and McDonald would be good to have too but are probably on decent wages so would rather get a striker in first.

Definitely agree with Grady’s replacement being the main priority. Would love to see McDonald And Handling staying both really good players with good experience at a top level. But I think we need to do all we can to get sparky signed up again a real leader in the team and a consistent performer week in week out! 

I think Handling has brought a much needed bit of experience to the squad, and getting Euan’s signature is a must if you ask me. 

McDonalds been good and I’d like to see him again but it would have to be on a pay per game sort of thing cause he has unfortunately missed a lot of the season.

3 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

He can't really blame the league for us loosing the league we just weren't good enough 

I tend to agree with you - we lost 4 games to Broch & Buckie and that's what lost us the HL title

That Record article is an absolute cringe of a read.

Will the toys also be thrown out the pram next season if Buckie face a Broch team riddled with injuries/ suspensions in a rearranged fixture, or we have to play Buckie (or any other side) with a weakened squad?  "Why did they choose that particular day instead of the week after when it would have been fairer, wah".

Looking closer to home where the league's top goalscorer was demoted to the bench might be a better place to explain how we lost out on GD.  A single point against the Broch or Buckie would have avoided that utter embarrassment of an interview.  

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just now, TheScarf said:

You lot without McGrath and still with Price next season will be some laugh.

Mackie injecting money into the club in an attempt to gain promotion whilst keeping Price would be the definitive example of an oxymoron.

A classic case of 'heart over brains' from somebody who's a successful businessman away from the game.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

Excellent statement by our chairman in the Daily Record today,seems to me that someone on the highland league committee likes Buckie.Statement made a lot of sense.

23 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Thought this board was meant to be the club saviour,bloody embarrassing .

Fair turnaround that.