The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Oh well looks like the City have found their level.Highland League for the long haul now.Noticed Kirk going mental on the sidelines yesterday well Mr Kirk change your tactics if it’s not working,oh wait you don’t have the players to do that and you don’t know how too either.Even Levein coming down during the second half couldn’t help.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Weird that this one goes straight to penalties but the final will have extra time.

Seemingly it is to ensure that the home team in the second leg doesn't gain any advantage of an extra half hour  which seems fairly rational.

That's the way this crazy Scottish pyramid system works. The league 2 play off is loaded very much in favour of club 42   ..............much the same as the premier league play off is loaded in favour of the premier team.  

Slightly off topic and probs you despise the pyramid this morning.

But it needs sorted out from Tier 1 down to Tier 10. 

Not this tinkering and manipulation.

There is so much right with our pyramid but there is also so much wrong.

Let the PWG do their job SFA.

7 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Oh well looks like the City have found their level.Highland League for the long haul now.Noticed Kirk going mental on the sidelines yesterday well Mr Kirk change your tactics if it’s not working,oh wait you don’t have the players to do that and you don’t know how too either.Even Levein coming down during the second half couldn’t help.

Congratulations 

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That's the way this crazy Scottish pyramid system works. The league 2 play off is loaded very much in favour of club 42  

And yet you still got huckled out of the national leagues, never to return. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

Disappointed Brechin fell short in this one. I would have liked them to see them back in the SPFL, if only to prove that bounce back for clubs that had hit the skids can happen. It seems incredible to be in the position of being a Montrose fan pitying City, considering our respective positions a few years back. I hope Brechin make it up next season.

On 07/05/2023 at 07:26, citydiehard said:

This is why we need a proper pyramid wherein clubs can move up and down fluidly.

Put simply both Brechin and Spartans won their respective leagues. This in itself should have resulted in both moving up to the next tier.

Another example of why we need a fully working PWG.

The SPFL does not fit in with a pyramid system as it's whole setup breeds apathy within the resident clubs. 

There is no long term plan the short-sightedness of the clubs is galling.

You just have to look at the almost contempt shown to Cove, Kelty and The Rose for having the temerity to be there.

Progressive, ambitious clubs are penalised.

Stagnant, unaspiring clubs are rewarded.

20 hours ago, virginton said:

And yet you still got huckled out of the national leagues, never to return. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

Yes we were huckled out through total mismanagement.  

Thankfully we are in a much better place now to make a real go at returning  despite the attempts from the corrupt section to put another barrier in the way to huckle the colts even closer to the spfl. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

11 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

the almost contempt shown to Cove, Kelty and The Rose for having the temerity to be there.

Really? No fans of lower division SPFL clubs have contempt for those coming up from below.

42 minutes ago, rockson said:

Really? No fans of lower division SPFL clubs have contempt for those coming up from below.

Contempt probably wrong choice of word. 

Cove and Kelty got the money thing levelled at them. Bonnyrigg have definitely had the most disparaging comments about NDP and the quality of playing staff.

Not going to hunt for examples to prove my point as that is just sad, but I have read some.

Anyway my main point was 're the hoops level 5 champions have to jump through to get into tier 4.

20 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Cove and Kelty got the money thing levelled at them. Bonnyrigg have definitely had the most disparaging comments about NDP and the quality of playing staff.

Not going to hunt for examples to prove my point as that is just sad, but I have read some.

Anyway my main point was 're the hoops level 5 champions have to jump through to get into tier 4.

Did the likes of East Stirling , Brechin , Cowden , Berwick no all vote for the pyramid to be like this ?? 

21 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

This is why we need a proper pyramid wherein clubs can move up and down fluidly.

Put simply both Brechin and Spartans won their respective leagues. This in itself should have resulted in both moving up to the next tier.

Another example of why we need a fully working PWG.

The SPFL does not fit in with a pyramid system as it's whole setup breeds apathy within the resident clubs. 

There is no long term plan the short-sightedness of the clubs is galling.

You just have to look at the almost contempt shown to Cove, Kelty and The Rose for having the temerity to be there.

Progressive, ambitious clubs are penalised.

Stagnant, unaspiring clubs are rewarded.

Utter horseshit from start to finish. 

Man go to bed early and wake up to this. What did I do?

Look guys I'm a nobody. Don't follow a specific club or even a league( do not call me a groundhopper).

But I love my football. And I want to see, from top to bottom, a vibrant system that generates excitement.

I don't see that.

The SPFL appears full of fear. Look how many hoops there is to get promoted to the Prem outside the winner of Championship.

Ditto at Tier 4 where the 2 League Winners from Tier 5 are disadvantaged against a side who have finished bottom of L2. 

It's the same at HL/LL, it looks more difficult to get relegated at times than to win the damn thing.

As I say my opinion matters not a jot, doesn't mean I'm not entitled to one.

Sure I read somewhere that when someone is attacked verbally by shouts rather than reasoning an assumption can be made that you have a just case.

Sits back and awaits the deluge.😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

14 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

That would probably be because of the wild sums of money they spent, yes.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

That would probably be because of the wild sums of money they spent, yes.

Not denying that my friend. Just pointing out that there are those that are looking for a reason to have a go at the promoted clubs. Why? Well its best they answer that. 

It appears endemic throughout the pyramid this attitude against change. Queens Park, since turning professional, have become a target of this attitude too. It's a how dare they get some money in and have the temerity to aspire to the premiership. Their place was in L1 but mainly L2.

As an extra, read a piece by that literary giant Leckie bemoaning the possible 'loss' of Albion Rovers. Eh, I could be wrong but they aren't going bust just dropping down a league potentially.

He also bemoaned the 'fate' of ES, Berwick and the Coos. However no mention of the positive moves of Edin FC, Cove, Kelty and no congrats to Bonnyrigg on staying up.

It's this attitude that irks me and others.

Teams play at a level that suits their budget.

A bit simplistic statement but I have rambled enough.

15 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

As someone who watches most of his football in League 2, I have been delighted to see Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose join the SPFL. All three have brought a good level of support for tier 4 and all have made an impact on the league, some obviously more than others. I really don't think anyone can complain about Bonnyrigg's ground - at least they have their own ground, which not all SPFL members do. Is it really any worse than some of the other stadia that are/have been in the league? They have a plan to improve it, but they're doing it is they can afford to do so. 

The HL and LL champions do have to achieve a lot to get ion to the league in winning the Pyramid Play Off, but then again you have to win a Play Off to get in to the HL and usually you would have to win a round robin tournament to get in to the LL. Tier 5 teams can't really complain until they get their own house in order. 

12 minutes ago, offsideflag said:

As someone who watches most of his football in League 2, I have been delighted to see Cove Rangers, Kelty Hearts and Bonnyrigg Rose join the SPFL. All three have brought a good level of support for tier 4 and all have made an impact on the league, some obviously more than others. I really don't think anyone can complain about Bonnyrigg's ground - at least they have their own ground, which not all SPFL members do. Is it really any worse than some of the other stadia that are/have been in the league? They have a plan to improve it, but they're doing it is they can afford to do so. 

The HL and LL champions do have to achieve a lot to get ion to the league in winning the Pyramid Play Off, but then again you have to win a Play Off to get in to the HL and usually you would have to win a round robin tournament to get in to the LL. Tier 5 teams can't really complain until they get their own house in order. 

Thank you for that.

I am not having a go at L2, the whole setup needs re-jigging. From top to bottom. Apathy and self-interest abounds. There isn't a coherent policy it's all a hotch potch, mainly what each level can get away with.