The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Glebe Park professional SPFL level bag searchers will likely have another relaxing year ahead of them.:P

Hopefully just a blip . But these setbacks happen to the bigger clubs all the time .  ;)

On to Saturday for the next challenge. No easy games now. We are obviously the scalp every other club wants . The sooner our players realise this the better. 

28 minutes ago, RiverCity said:

He turned it down.A better project at Brechin to finish,also 3 players signing contract extensions good news all around today.

Glad to hear he is staying. Not sure how much of an impact it would have on on our chances of winning the league but sure he has some kind of input. It is 3 players I'm glad to be keeping hopfully a few more to come 

18 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Glad to hear he is staying. Not sure how much of an impact it would have on on our chances of winning the league but sure he has some kind of input. It is 3 players I'm glad to be keeping hopfully a few more to come 

Understatement of the week. ;)😎

• 4 weeks later...

What a delight to see Brechin score 10 goals at the Glebe ,I knew one day a team would get a tanking if we kept up the pressure for the 90 minutes.That is the biggest winning margin I’ve ever seen can someone enlighten me what is Brechins biggest winning score is.Roll on Wednesday night,

27 minutes ago, RiverCity said:

What a delight to see Brechin score 10 goals at the Glebe ,I knew one day a team would get a tanking if we kept up the pressure for the 90 minutes.That is the biggest winning margin I’ve ever seen can someone enlighten me what is Brechins biggest winning score is.Roll on Wednesday night,

Not sure about their biggest win but they got pumped 10 nil 3 times in one season, to Airdrieonians, Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers! 

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, RiverCity said:

12 - 1 v Thornhill FC in 1925

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

How could it possibly appear "in the bag" when they are 6 points off the top of the table with 3 games in hand?

Certainly don't think you'll find any City fans taking anything for granted at this stage.  Wednesday is a huge game for starters.

On 23/02/2023 at 08:25, theoriginalhedge said:

Hopefully just a blip . But these setbacks happen to the bigger clubs all the time .  ;)

On to Saturday for the next challenge. No easy games now. We are obviously the scalp every other club wants . The sooner our players realise this the better. 

You were saying ?

15 hours ago, craigkillie said:

How could it possibly appear "in the bag" when they are 6 points off the top of the table with 3 games in hand?

Especially when they still have to play Fraserburgh home and away and Buckie away.

...which was the original point I made but some people appear to be desperate for an argument. Only lost one league game so far this season and just won their last game 10-0 but 4 of their last 7 are against teams in the top 5 including three midweek when getting their full squad up from the central belt fresh and ready to go may be more challenging than it is on a Saturday (helps that Brora are the opponent at home for one of these obviously as they could have similar issues). Feel free to nitpick away though.

Does HedgeTV not allow people to register to watch individual games now?

I was trying to pay for the Wick game on Saturday and couldn’t for the life of me find where to pay!

I’ve watched games on there before and could see they had the season ticket option but thought it odd that there was no simple link to go on.