The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You aren't an Angus Councilor by any chance ? 

He's probably just jealous that we are getting bigger crowds than the Mo.

Montrose v FC Edinburgh SPFL1 - 568

City v Inverurie Locos Highland League - 595

11 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Why would someone be jealous - regardless of crowds - of a team two divisions below them?

An interesting question which could be answered in various different ways.  The most popular answer though might be " Why the f**k would you care about a bit of harmless banter between a couple of local fans ? " 

On 19/02/2023 at 09:08, theoriginalhedge said:

You aren't an Angus Councilor by any chance ? 

Thankfully not.

On 19/02/2023 at 11:10, Kev8122 said:

He's probably just jealous that we are getting bigger crowds than the Mo.

Montrose v FC Edinburgh SPFL1 - 568

City v Inverurie Locos Highland League - 595

Not just jealous, absolutely furious.

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Colleague of mine visited Saturday with his kid. Bag searched 3 times then both told to empty pockets.Wee bit over the top. Needless to say he won't be in a rush to go back.  

Not sure who Brechin employ to do their security but if it’s the same company that supply the muppets at Montrose then this sounds about right. I know that Brechin are not, or certainly approaching the start of last season were not, willing to pay much for security personnel so they’re probably scraping the barrel a bit.

10 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Colleague of mine visited Saturday with his kid. Bag searched 3 times then both told to empty pockets.Wee bit over the top. Needless to say he won't be in a rush to go back.  

Unfortunately there was one incident this season where some day trippers fae Banff on a piss up got into the ground with smoke bombs . I think the polis got involved and the stewards were told to be more vigilant , hence the hassle you got. 

If you report it to the club I'm sure they can have a word to maintain a more common sense approach. 

15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I witnessed this and not true, searched once as is practice with anyone with a bag. They had 2 bottles taken off then, again stipulation is no bottles allowed in regardless if plastic and this is what made your colleague unhappy - stewards following the law.

30 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

I witnessed this and not true, searched once as is practice with anyone with a bag. They had 2 bottles taken off then, again stipulation is no bottles allowed in regardless if plastic and this is what made your colleague unhappy - stewards following the law.

What about emptying their pockets ? 

It's non league football,a dad wi his 13 year old kid ffs.

There's even cans sold at non league grounds.

Some stewards are just p***ks on ego trips,there was one at Stenhousemuir a few year ago similar. 

Edited by newcastle broon

46 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

It doesn't happen anywhere else in the Highland League. Obviously if you walk through the gate with a crate of Buckfast they'll probably not let you in.

44 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What about emptying their pockets ? 

It's non league football,a dad wi his 13 year old kid ffs.

There's even cans sold at non league grounds.

Some stewards are just p***ks on ego trips,there was one at Stenhousemuir a few year ago similar. 

No cans at our ground, maybe cause we are in the league system. No idea re pocket search but we have had 13 year olds attempt to get flairs in and some have hence maybe pocket search. 

From what I saw stewards were polite and just following protocol. 

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It doesn't happen anywhere else in the Highland League. Obviously if you walk through the gate with a crate of Buckfast they'll probably not let you in.

Correct cause they have no stewards and have no ambition to leave the highland league so therefore are not trying to have the SPFL criteria in place.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

How do you know it was them?

1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

People with bags should expect to be stopped.  If they aren't then the stewards aren't really doing their job. 

Seems a bit daft paying for unnecessary security staff while trying to save a bit on the lecky with 2pm starts.