The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 10/02/2023 at 09:41, welshbairn said:

I thought you had switched to recruiting more locally, if not I can see how costs would mount up. If you stay in the Highland League much longer you might need to cut down on the old firm style luxury coach with private chef though. :P  You're the only club in the league who feel the need to hire security guards too, thankfully when they searched my bag they didn't spot the hip flask in my jacket pocket. :lol:

I believe having licensed security at the grounds is something that Angus Council push for and also helps with some of the SFA licensing stuff. It’s surely the only reason that Montrose and Arbroath continue to employ the muppets that they do. 

7 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Desperately wishing ^^^  :lol:

The final nail in the coffin of your promotion prospects will come on April 15th at Grant Street, bookmark it. 8) We'll be doing you a favour, why would you want to give up glamour away days in the Highland capital in favour of Coatbridge? 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The final nail in the coffin of your promotion prospects will come on April 15th at Grant Street, bookmark it. 8) We'll be doing you a favour, why would you want to give up glamour away days in the Highland capital in favour of Coatbridge? 

Taking nothing for granted  but given the choice I think I would opt for Coatbridge . ;)

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Here's hoping we make it that far. 🙈

As a Buckie Jags lad, home and away in my Yoot...I always have an eye open for their results. Hot on yer heels still, I see, although Brechin have the upper hand. Some tasty games for both sides still to come mind.

The LL is turning into a three way shit-fight between Spartans, Stirling and Tranent, with the favourites EK having dropped away. Would love to make one of the Southern legs of the play-off...whoever wins the HL.

Hello Brechin fans. Looking for some help. Was originally heading to the Montrose Falkirk game next month but now with Falkirk in the Scottish cup and train already booked Brechin is the closest game to still have a day out. Haven’t been to the stadium in 3 years but just making sure the bar at the ground is still open before the game? Also any recommendations for bars near the ground? Been a few when down for darts exhibitions but they always seem a distance from the ground 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Hello Brechin fans. Looking for some help. Was originally heading to the Montrose Falkirk game next month but now with Falkirk in the Scottish cup and train already booked Brechin is the closest game to still have a day out. Haven’t been to the stadium in 3 years but just making sure the bar at the ground is still open before the game? Also any recommendations for bars near the ground? Been a few when down for darts exhibitions but they always seem a distance from the ground 

As a visitor I like Stables which is close to the ground, quirky old mans pub with an independent bookies next door. The bar at the ground was open and welcoming both times I've been.

9 hours ago, Moorie said:

As mentioned by others, The Stables is closed. I would second the suggestion for the Brechin Arms if you were looking for somewhere other than the bar at the ground. There’s also a bus at 1pm from Montrose to Brechin that depending on what time your train gets in, would allow for some drinking time in a civilised setting before heading through.

5 minutes ago, Strathman said:

Do Brechin still play in the Forfarshire Cup?

If they don't go up this season is there any chance they would try and join the Aberdeenshire FA so they could enter the two cup competitions?

Forfarshire Cup hasn't been played 2014-2015.

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

As mentioned by others, The Stables is closed. I would second the suggestion for the Brechin Arms if you were looking for somewhere other than the bar at the ground. There’s also a bus at 1pm from Montrose to Brechin that depending on what time your train gets in, would allow for some drinking time in a civilised setting before heading through.

Surely you'd need an earlier bus than that...