The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Great result last night. Outstanding display in the first half . Very disciplined in the second . I think the plastic pitch suited Brechin better as they stroked the ball about confidently, although a couple of worrying injuries to McHattie and McLeod as they seemed to land awkwardly .  Always the downside of these pitches as there is no forgiveness compared to grass. 

BOD looked a bit jaded . perhaps their efforts from last Friday caught up with them. 

Our unbeaten run continues though.  Hopefully the weather plays ball through January and the momentum starts to gather for the run in.

The least said about the clown with the whistle the better.

Edit.... Fantastic away support too.

Was a quirky wee ground but I thought it was great . Helps when you win right enough. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

I think we would have  a good chance. Hopefully we can keep hold of Grady through this transfer window if not it might dent our chances. If we do get through the first play off i hope its not forfar we play if we get back up would like to be in the same league as you

5 hours ago, C_titz said:

What’s the feelings with you guys if you make it to the play offs ? Got a chance ? 

7 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

I think we would have  a good chance. Hopefully we can keep hold of Grady through this transfer window if not it might dent our chances. If we do get through the first play off i hope its not forfar we play if we get back up would like to be in the same league as you

5 hours ago, C_titz said:

What’s the feelings with you guys if you make it to the play offs ? Got a chance ? 

I hope yous get back up and I hope it’s not at our expense 

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Well that was a struggle today,another couple of injuries too on our threadbare squad doesn’t bode well for the run in.Lack of transfer activity is very concerning.

29 league matches unbeaten. 27 wins and 2 draws and you’re still complaining 😂

Never change.

We always have an arm wrestle with Rothes played four times and won them all but 3 were 1-0's. Did not see CDH on here purring at the virtues of the win over Banks of Dee.

There are always games that are a struggle, it happens but most importantly we won and now move on.

IM quoted today as suggesting we’ll recall or have recalled Arnott…any confirmation?

Edited to add: Recall confirmed, thanks for giving him some experience, too bad it didn’t work better for both sides.

Edited by TxRover

12 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Jack Milne at us on loan , any good ? 

Aye he's a steady kind of player. Nothing flashy just an honest grafter . He needed an experienced head to guide him positionally  but showed a lot of determination and positive qualities . For a big lad he was good with the ball at his feet . 

Is this board/management team as bad as the last one.Lack of signings is going to derail our season.We have a light squad and the injuries will mount up and cost us,also our loan signing has been recalled by parent club,what is a promising start to the season could be over soon.More false hopes for Brechin again.

1 hour ago, citydiehard said:

So much for the new drainage system working, maybe Kirk was running scared with our depleted squad and is glad it’s off

Never mind, you can still go down and moan with all your diehard pals. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mo83 said:

We have signed a Brazilian from Rothes....Any info?

He was at Elgin before. Didn’t do a whole lot at Rothes, but the whole club didn’t really bother with the first half of the current season so it’s hard to say what you’re getting. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

He was at Elgin before. Didn’t do a whole lot at Rothes, but the whole club didn’t really bother with the first half of the current season so it’s hard to say what you’re getting. 

Cheers.

The management team must see something in him so hopefully it's a success!