The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Don’t think it will be Albion Rovers.

^^^ cue the precious Buckie fans on FN away to post: "the Brechin fans are already discussing who'll they'll be playing in the playoff over on P&B 😄😩🤬

Eta: It'll be Forfar, won't it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

^^^ cue the precious Buckie fans on FN away to post: "the Brechin fans are already discussing who'll they'll be playing in the playoff over on P&B 😄😩🤬

Eta: It'll be Forfar, won't it.

Well having seen Elgin -Forfar today I would say it would be more likely Forfar than Albion but would not rule out Elgin!

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The teams below you keep drawing so a couple of more wins to increase the gap and you can look forward to the Albion Rovers play off games in May (As Rangers B will win the LL with games to spare).

Will the team 2nd in the lowland league not just go into the play off ? 

6 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Will the team 2nd in the lowland league not just go into the play off ? 

Basically.

B teams positions do not count towards crowning a Lowland League champion. They're ignored and the highest placed proper member is the champion. There should be a Lowland League representative in the playoffs.

It's just some people expect the rule to be challenged if it comes to pass. Likely to fail no differently than the declaring champions after only a few games in 2021. 

58 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Basically.

B teams positions do not count towards crowning a Lowland League champion. They're ignored and the highest placed proper member is the champion. There should be a Lowland League representative in the playoffs.

It's just some people expect the rule to be challenged if it comes to pass. Likely to fail no differently than the declaring champions after only a few games in 2021. 

Ah ok didn't think it would be fair if any one from the lowland league never got a chance cause they have that mob in their league. 

9 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Ah ok didn't think it would be fair if any one from the lowland league never got a chance cause they have that mob in their league. 

In principle, I agree, but then on the other hand the Lowland League voted to accept them so maybe the runners up should be made to reap what they’ve sown. 

39 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

In principle, I agree, but then on the other hand the Lowland League voted to accept them so maybe the runners up should be made to reap what they’ve sown. 

You do have a point there. Anyway we don't know for sure it will be us in it still a long way to go yet 

That'd be very harsh if one of the good guys like CSS finished second.

And very funny if it was Broomhill.

No piss taking, no “incredible bantz” from me. Genuinely just want to say that it was great to be back at Glebe Park today and wish you well in your attempt to get back into the SPFL.

Your players can be proud of their efforts and were unfortunate not to win the tie, but you are certainly in a better place than you were when Wilson took you down.

Chatting to a number of your fans, over the course of the afternoon, I think it’s safe to say Highland League football is League 2 football in the 1970’s, which was sad to hear.

Only sour note was your young fans behind the goal at the end……but you know what, a large number of years ago, that would probably have been me, we’ve all been young and full of life.

Good luck for the rest of the season 🇦🇹

13 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Chatting to a number of your fans, over the course of the afternoon, I think it’s safe to say Highland League football is League 2 football in the 1970’s, which was sad to hear.

:lol: The state of Brechin fans. Whining Tory c***s to man. 

15 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

No piss taking, no “incredible bantz” from me. Genuinely just want to say that it was great to be back at Glebe Park today and wish you well in your attempt to get back into the SPFL.

Your players can be proud of their efforts and were unfortunate not to win the tie, but you are certainly in a better place than you were when Wilson took you down.

Only sour note was your young fans behind the goal at the end……but you know what, a large number of years ago, that would probably have been me, we’ve all been young and full of life.

Good luck for the rest of the season 🇦🇹

Cheers.   Good post. 

It was a great game and we are obviously gutted that the performance didn't get us the win . Those 2 chances that hit the post in the last few minutes of normal time were agonising. The most pleasing thing for me was watching two sides who wanted to play open attacking football which I think possibly  explains your HL reference. The 2 games against Stirling this season have certainly  been that way. 

I think both sides were both resigned to penalties in extra time though as not many chances were created in that half hour. 

And yes we are in a much better place generally as a club . Football wise it couldn't get much worse than the Wilson and Smith years. Hopefully we can go on from here and achieve our ambitions. It won't be easy but I think yesterday showed how far we have come. 

On 22/10/2022 at 20:31, BB_Bino said:

...I think it’s safe to say Highland League football is League 2 football in the 1970’s, which was sad to hear...

What was so bad about lower division football in the 1970s other than avoiding getting your head kicked in if you were foolish enough to go to an away game in Alloa? No plastic seats, no plastic pitches, fans still went in with a kerry oot. Simpler times...

On 22/10/2022 at 19:31, BB_Bino said:

maxresdefault.jpg