The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

50 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I try to avoid big statements, but I'd expect Arnott to be an excellent acquisition. I don't know too much about the standard of this level - I'd expect @CALDERONwill be a better judge given it's his neck of the woods (albeit no idea how often, if ever, he goes to HL games). We played a bounce game under McGlynn and Regan Hendry went to the manager after the game and was saying Arnott was one of the best young players he'd seen at our level. Similarly, Ross Matthews was full of praise. He's quite versatile, though he's not got the game time he maybe should've had. 

I get to a few mid week games a season.  I'd hopd Arnott would be one of the better midfielders in the league, for sure.  

• 4 weeks later...

Last night is the worst I’ve seen Brechin play this season so far.The only good thing is we didn’t get beat.Our defence was sloppy last night which isn’t like them but when you chop and change the players that’s what you get.I’m a believer of you shouldn’t change a winning side unless there is injuries.With Cooney and MacLeod going off injured hopefully they are okay for Saturday as the squad is a bit light.We seem to get bullied by teams with bigger players too which is concerning.

Saturday is a big game for us we cannot afford to play as bad or we will get a good hiding from Brora.

Lets keep the unbeaten run going.

3 hours ago, RiverCity said:

Last night is the worst I’ve seen Brechin play this season so far.The only good thing is we didn’t get beat.Our defence was sloppy last night which isn’t like them but when you chop and change the players that’s what you get.I’m a believer of you shouldn’t change a winning side unless there is injuries.With Cooney and MacLeod going off injured hopefully they are okay for Saturday as the squad is a bit light.We seem to get bullied by teams with bigger players too which is concerning.

Saturday is a big game for us we cannot afford to play as bad or we will get a good hiding from Brora.

Lets keep the unbeaten run going.

To be fair Huntly defended well and we struggled to break them down. We have a few very talented young players but are missing a bit of experience in midfield and up front. Losing Seth Patrick was always going to be a big loss . Looks like a very hard game awaits us in Brora on Saturday.

On 06/10/2022 at 15:24, Kev8122 said:

To be fair Huntly defended well and we struggled to break them down. We have a few very talented young players but are missing a bit of experience in midfield and up front. Losing Seth Patrick was always going to be a big loss . Looks like a very hard game awaits us in Brora on Saturday.

Exactly this. We seemed to miss McHattie's calming influence in the first half. 

We also hit the woodwork multiple times.  Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but as said previously, Huntly defended really well (was impressed with Booth in particular who made some excellent tackles) and we were on top for the majority.

We do need to start creating more chances or results like this are going to become a bit more regular and cost us as they did last season. 

42 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

We also hit the woodwork multiple times.  Wasn't a vintage performance by any means but as said previously, Huntly defended really well (was impressed with Booth in particular who made some excellent tackles) and we were on top for the majority.

We do need to start creating more chances or results like this are going to become a bit more regular and cost us as they did last season. 

I think the chances are being created , just not being put away. 

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Waiting for the heather to catch fire from what I have seen. Bang average.....

Thanks. Given his dearth of playing time, that doesn’t unduly concern me after a handful of games, but I do think he’s much better than that, so hopeful you’ll start smelling smoke.

16 minutes ago, RiverCity said:

Hasn’t impressed so far, Seth Patrick is a better player who had to leave for personal reasons and we are missing him in midfield.

Seth was also four years older, with that much more experience. Hopefully, Aaron can settle in and help you, he certainly looked capable with Raith in his few appearances against quality opposition.

The teams below you keep drawing so a couple of more wins to increase the gap and you can look forward to the Albion Rovers play off games in May (As Rangers B will win the LL with games to spare).