The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

This Australian-sounding Grady McGrath what was supposed to fill his boots in this league? He suspended or what?

He was ment to. He's just not lived up to the expectations. Still trying to find his feet 

On 30/07/2022 at 18:52, Rossco8326 said:

He was ment to. He's just not lived up to the expectations. Still trying to find his feet 

On this side of the planet he should look below the knees.

A very good win yesterday ,First half some of the football was excellent glad we took our chances as Formartine always looked dangerous on the break.Second half wasn’t very good but I think Formartine knew they weren’t going to win the game and stifled Brechin’s attacks with some nasty tackles.The team is coming together very nicely some of the football is really good to watch.Still think we could do with another few players especially if we get a few injuries.

A very good win yesterday ,First half some of the football was excellent glad we took our chances as Formartine always looked dangerous on the break.Second half wasn’t very good but I think Formartine knew they weren’t going to win the game and stifled Brechin’s attacks with some nasty tackles.The team is coming together very nicely some of the football is really good to watch.Still think we could do with another few players especially if we get a few injuries.

Is there no signs of any loan players coming in? I know it is short term but I really enjoy watching the young players getting a chance to show off their skills.

8 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

What was the name of the trialist from yesterday?

Not sure but we will find out today or in the next few days aprently he's signed but the paper work wasn't through in time for Saturday. All I know is he was signed from hearts 

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Not sure but we will find out today or in the next few days aprently he's signed but the paper work wasn't through in time for Saturday. All I know is he was signed from hearts 

Anthony McDonald I believe - free agent

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

McDonald confirmed.  Probably not the best league to play in if you're injury prone. 🤣

Reading his resume , it seems rather than being injury prone  he had a back problem which was operated on and hopefully rectified. He played most of last season for Edinburgh City (or whatever they call themselves now)  switching from grass to plastic pitches  and seems to be ok so fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, citydiehard said:

What is Kirk playing at,too many changes today and it’s dire to watch and how can a Inglis be taking the penalties when it’s his first start.The management of the team letting us down again.

Think a few  players were held back for the Buckie game next week after having had to play Hibs B in midweek. 

I would hope that Spark, McLeod & McGrath would all start next Saturday.

A very good win today.A very strong team this season,our defence is greatly improved from last season,teams finding it hard to break us down.Our football in the first half was excellent can’t wait until they play that way for the full 90 minutes.

The other teams in this league can’t cope with our free flowing football and resort to being thugs.We need more protection from the very inconsistent officials how their forward never got sent off for the elbow on McHattie baffled me.

Also good to see the support get behind the team and the players acknowledged that at the end.

Mon the City 

On 20/08/2022 at 19:12, RiverCity said:

A very good win today.A very strong team this season,our defence is greatly improved from last season,teams finding it hard to break us down.Our football in the first half was excellent can’t wait until they play that way for the full 90 minutes.

The other teams in this league can’t cope with our free flowing football and resort to being thugs.We need more protection from the very inconsistent officials how their forward never got sent off for the elbow on McHattie baffled me.

Also good to see the support get behind the team and the players acknowledged that at the end.

Mon the City 

Very honest and fair comments by the Buckie manager today EXCEPT he thought the injury time tackle was not a sending off offence! Not only was that one but also the above mentioned elbow!

1 hour ago, OldRed said:

Very honest and fair comments by the Buckie manager today EXCEPT he thought the injury time tackle was not a sending off offence! Not only was that one but also the above mentioned elbow!

You have to remember we are in the highland league. 🤔

Edit.  Word is Buckie are going to appeal it .  :lol:

Edited by theoriginalhedge