The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 17/07/2022 at 21:04, gm_1982 said:

If McGrath gets injured who is going to get us the 25+ goals required?

Ifs and buts - although I think the likes of Scott and Cammie Ross will do well this season.

On 18/07/2022 at 16:05, Cold Feet said:

Ian Ross is moving on. Triallist whilst not really tested did everything right

I am concerned that Andy thinks Ian Davidson is a better midfielder than Fraser McLeod.

Also on Spartans showing I am not confident. We had five at back and five up top - long balls just cobbled up by defence. Midfield none existent despite Seth being our best player. We have loads of defenders, nearly half the squad.

We have a tough start to the season, sure Fraserburgh had no hand in us being at home to Buckie then making us travel to them in midweek. If we don't hit the ground running the season could be over pretty quickly. But if we do........ haha

This may be controversial but I think Davidson hasn't been bad in midfield.  McLeod looks raw and think he will take some time to get into the team.

This may be controversial but I think Davidson hasn't been bad in midfield.  McLeod looks raw and think he will take some time to get into the team.

The guy can barely run and puts us under pressure constantly with car-crash passes in dangerous positions. He offers absolutely nothing.

3 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Who have the Broch lost out of interest?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Grant Campbell retired due to injury and pain in the ass, off the bench goalscorer Gary Harris has also quit. 

Also Owen Cairns to Elgin, although he was on loan at Peterhead for the 2nd half of last season.

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Are Brechin taking over Fort William's victim of conspiracy mantle?

no but when you look our fixtures, we play five of the main contenders in succession. Yes you have to play them at some point but  injuries / bookings may kick in as you progress through the fixtures. The most other clubs have are two in a row.

On the up side win them all and everyone is chasing.

On 19/07/2022 at 19:24, Jimmy Shaker said:

Grant Campbell retired due to injury and pain in the ass, off the bench goalscorer Gary Harris has also quit. 

Looking at their numbers for last season, Campbell will be a serious loss, he started 32 of 34 league games and was a solid performer all season. The other pair (Cairns and Harris) only managed a dozen starts between them but were handy subs, Harris in particular.

7 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Looking forward to the season starting tomorrow. Can we still play trilists ? Unless we have a keeper signed up before tomorrow 

Brechin have signed the Vics keeper on a one year deal after playing games during pre season

Hmmmmm. Should have been out of sight by half-time. Some encouraging performances (Patrick, Macleod, Scott); some very worrying ones (McGrath, all the defence).  Rothes looked well off the pace, which makes City’s failure to convert more than one of the dozen chances they had even more concerning.

11 hours ago, Rector said:

Hmmmmm. Should have been out of sight by half-time. Some encouraging performances (Patrick, Macleod, Scott); some very worrying ones (McGrath, all the defence).  Rothes looked well off the pace, which makes City’s failure to convert more than one of the dozen chances they had even more concerning.

First game, first win, 3pts and after 90 mins of the season, people are already moaning. Nurse. where are my pills!!!

12 hours ago, Rector said:

You fool no one diehard

Promising start yesterday.Some good football played just need to take our chances although the Rothes keeper had four or five good saves.Team looks better without Davidson.Patrick and MacLeod really good in midfield just wish Patrick would make more of his driving runs .Defence looks more solid this season with the addition of Spark and Wilson.Hopefully McGrath will score soon so he won’t start to panic in front of goal.Some really good additions to the squad this year.My MOM was MacLeod thought he was excellent.