The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

17 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Decent game today thought we did well our keeper looks good and no 5 and 7 looked decent

I was there yesterday, thought you guys looked very decent in the first half with your no2 a standout. The lead was deserved but Arbroath much more energetic as the game went on.

Also, well done to the club for the excellent hospitality. I believe you're looking at options to have more capacity for this at the ground. Service was first class and the group I was in will be doing it again this season.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

Number 5 is a lad from Arbroath, plays for Brechin vics, thought he played well. Think you guys had 4 trialists from Brechin vics

Quite a few first team regulars away on holiday I believe,  so will be interesting to see what we are capable of with a full squad available. By all accounts the guys yesterday looked a lot sharper and fitter than last season so all bodes well so far. 

No 5 was a stop gap draft.

The no 7 is a Brechin lad who has just been released from Dundee Utd - he is unattached and has been training with the team. I thought the front 3 were doing things our previous strikers were not and that was working back and making tackles on the half way line. They all have energy to burn and looked like a decent combo.

Also our keeper looks more assured than Jack - he came for things and made himself available for a pass.

Sparky was at Andy Robertsons wedding in Portugal, Bain - holiday, Cruickshank at Highland games with work. Hamish and Cooney not risked.

So far so promising.

And oh those penalties at half time, oh dear, oh dear but good banter.

2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

The no 7 is a Brechin lad who has just been released from Dundee Utd - he is unattached and has been training with the team. I thought the front 3 were doing things our previous strikers were not and that was working back and making tackles on the half way line. They all have energy to burn and looked like a decent combo.

Also our keeper looks more assured than Jack - he came for things and made himself available for a pass.

Sparky was at Andy Robertsons wedding in Portugal, Bain - holiday, Cruickshank at Highland games with work. Hamish and Cooney not risked.

So far so promising.

Thought no7 did quite well, keeper impressed me too with his confidence and composure.  Decent run-out in the end, squad is coming together nicely which makes a change from the last few seasons.

1 hour ago, Willie adie said:

Can any Brechin fan confirm if it's patg, for next week friendly against Aberdeen 

Despite usually attracting a healthy crowd pay at the gate is fine.  It's not normally segregated so i would doubt its 'ticket only'

So far so promising.

I’m assuming the number 7 was Dom Naglik?

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else a bit concerned about the goalkeeping situation?  Presumably we signed Lenny Wilson to be the first choice and with the first league game next week he has been on the bench the last two games.

Is the trialist goalkeeper who has played in the friendlies really up to the standard that we need if we want to be challenging for the league?

14 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Is anyone else a bit concerned about the goalkeeping situation?  Presumably we signed Lenny Wilson to be the first choice and with the first league game next week he has been on the bench the last two games.

Is the trialist goalkeeper who has played in the friendlies really up to the standard that we need if we want to be challenging for the league?

Maybe was giving the trialist some game time to see if he is up to standard,which hopefully they will see he is not.He need to get fit too.On the upside when was the last time we were undefeated in pre season.

4 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Maybe was giving the trialist some game time to see if he is up to standard,which hopefully they will see he is not.He need to get fit too.On the upside when was the last time we were undefeated in pre season.

Undefeated? We’ve lost two games out of five.

Lenny Wilson will be number 1, but I must say I’m a little confused that he didn’t start our final pre-season match ahead of the real stuff next week.

I’m more concerned about the striker situation. We really need someone to support McGrath as likes of Loudon isn’t quite there yet.