The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was a bit surprised to see that Brechin is only 5 miles from Aberdeenshire. The 3 others you mention could apply to the Lowland League if they wanted, the SFA changed the rule, but I doubt they would and the LL would probably tell them to GTF anyway.

The lowland league much prefer the colt teams so you are probably right there. 

2 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The lowland league much prefer the colt teams so you are probably right there. 

I think the Highland League will probably be easier to win and get back to the SPFL too, as you might find out next season. 

Brechin City are latest Angus club to consider the Astro route to engage further with the Community 
1538314571_BCAstro.thumb.jpg.61db8978a242ef23fb2dce6e8e44a06f.jpg
Hes right we do need to make the club more sustainable and that's the way to do it. The last lot were totally against this and that's why we ended up in the mess we were in. It's just ashame cause Neil dose a brillant job with the grass and has the pitch looking amazing.

On 10/06/2022 at 10:36, Rossco8326 said:
On 10/06/2022 at 09:46, tellyboy said:
Brechin City are latest Angus club to consider the Astro route to engage further with the Community 
1538314571_BCAstro.thumb.jpg.61db8978a242ef23fb2dce6e8e44a06f.jpg

Hes right we do need to make the club more sustainable and that's the way to do it. The last lot were totally against this and that's why we ended up in the mess we were in. It's just ashame cause Neil dose a brillant job with the grass and has the pitch looking amazing.

The "last lot" were not totally against this at all. The club would have had to raise a huge sum of money outwith the various grants that are currently available. The amount of money raised from issuing shares has meant that it is now possible which is extremely good news.   

The "last lot" were not totally against this at all. The club would have had to raise a huge sum of money outwith the various grants that are currently available. The amount of money raised from issuing shares has meant that it is now possible which is extremely good news.   
Fair enough I apologise for my comment. But could this have not all be done by the last committee? I did hear a plastic pitch being mentioned but then nothing ever happened about it and it was never explained why

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Fair enough I apologise for my comment. But could this have not all be done by the last committee? I did hear a plastic pitch being mentioned but then nothing ever happened about it and it was never explained why

It was dependent on the Members agreeing to changing the legal entity and that process took a long time from writing to members/ obtaining approval and then  actually issuing shares. Before that the club was dependent on donations just to meet the wage bill let alone thinking about a plastic pitch.