The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Ewan Spark signs on at City, local lad who has played for us before.

If nothing else he will bring drive, battle and energy.

Buzzing from all that coffee probably.

blog_1000x.jpg?v=1640685845

7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Grady McGrath signed from East Craigie. Just the 74 goals in the season finished.

Fucksake that's just showing off. Was he injured when East Craigie collapsed at the end of the season?

Edited by welshbairn

Apologies if this has already been answered upthread, but after the fight Brechin put up to try to be relegated to the Lowland League, and given that if the club had been relegated this year it would have had its way, has there been any discussion of Brechin applying to join the LL for the future?

25 minutes ago, Yalay said:

Apologies if this has already been answered upthread, but after the fight Brechin put up to try to be relegated to the Lowland League, and given that if the club had been relegated this year it would have had its way, has there been any discussion of Brechin applying to join the LL for the future?

Not that I’m aware of.  Anyway as it currently stands I don’t think the rules would allow us to switch from the Highland League.

If we were to get promoted back to the SPFL and get relegated again I guess it might be different.

On 26/05/2022 at 19:53, Yalay said:

No.  Thankfully that is not an option for us any more. 

Brechin are well within the HL catchment area. One of the feeder leagues to the HL has every single team further south than Brechin. 

Montrose, Arbroath, Forfar would also drop to the HL.

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Brechin are well within the HL catchment area. One of the feeder leagues to the HL has every single team further south than Brechin. 

Montrose, Arbroath, Forfar would also drop to the HL.

I was a bit surprised to see that Brechin is only 5 miles from Aberdeenshire. The 3 others you mention could apply to the Lowland League if they wanted, the SFA changed the rule, but I doubt they would and the LL would probably tell them to GTF anyway.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I was a bit surprised to see that Brechin is only 5 miles from Aberdeenshire. The 3 others you mention could apply to the Lowland League if they wanted, the SFA changed the rule, but I doubt they would and the LL would probably tell them to GTF anyway.

Do you not mean Kincardineshire? Montrose would be as close as Brechin is.

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Do you not mean Kincardineshire? Montrose would be as close as Brechin is.

Montrose is only 3 miles away. Kincardineshire has ceased to be, along with the Province of Mearns.

image.png.c97847783de1b532739812bbc6d6b7a8.png

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Montrose is only 3 miles away. Kincardineshire has ceased to be, along with the Province of Mearns.

image.png.c97847783de1b532739812bbc6d6b7a8.png

I'm not really happy with that explanation, tbh, when I was growing up Kincardineshire was the next county up from Brechin.