The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

58 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Tough ask for Brechin to come up straight away in their first season in the HL and they have done okay but am sure deep down board will be a bit frustrated they never won the league . What's the supporters thoughts on the management team and player wis?,will it be a massive reshuffle again next year or is their players willing to stay in the HL to play for the club.

About 9 or 10 signed up for next season so far . That's a massive improvement from the shambolic management system endorsed by our previous committee.

At least those guys will have a full pre season preparation behind them along with a bit of stability and familiarity. 

34 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

About 9 or 10 signed up for next season so far . That's a massive improvement from the shambolic management system endorsed by our previous committee.

At least those guys will have a full pre season preparation behind them along with a bit of stability and familiarity. 

Yeah very true stability is key too a good season. What about the likes of Ian Davidson, David Cox, Jamie Bain, Kevin Mchattie to name a few of  your more experienced players will they likely be at the Glebe next year. 

Yeah very true stability is key too a good season. What about the likes of Ian Davidson, David Cox, Jamie Bain, Kevin Mchattie to name a few of  your more experienced players will they likely be at the Glebe next year. 

I’m sure Davidson, Bain and McHattie are all contracted for next season. Don’t think Cox is

Brechin will be quietly frustrated but I think people underestimate the time needed to re-build a club after relegation to non-league. The mood around Glebe Park seems much more positive. Brechin have a decent squad and a good team spirit. In retrospect two poor performances against the Broch and a loss away to Buckie / Fomrartine were the four games that sank them...otherwise pretty consistent.

Need a regular goalscorer and better option at centre back(Davidson looks finished to me now) and they'll be right up there challenging again next season. The jury is still out on Kirk for me, the pressure will be ramped up next season and I can see him moving on if early form is indifferent.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Brechin will be quietly frustrated but I think people underestimate the time needed to re-build a club after relegation to non-league. The mood around Glebe Park seems much more positive. Brechin have a decent squad and a good team spirit. In retrospect two poor performances against the Broch and a loss away to Buckie / Fomrartine were the four games that sank them...otherwise pretty consistent.

Need a regular goalscorer and better option at centre back(Davidson looks finished to me now) and they'll be right up there challenging again next season. The jury is still out on Kirk for me, the pressure will be ramped up next season and I can see him moving on if early form is indifferent.

Agree 100% with everything you have said there.👍

I think all Brechin fans have enjoyed this season. We’ve had a complete rebuild from the board down and the future looks brighter. We had worries at the start of the season that we would struggle again due to the total rebuild of a team (again) and it did take time for us to get a good settled team. We’ve enjoyed the experience of visiting new places and meeting new opposition fans. Generally we have been welcomed and there has been a good rapport between fans (unlike some of the less welcoming lower SPFL grounds). Although I look forward to another season in the HL, our aim must be to get back to the higher levels that we had been so accustomed to before our collapse.

Let’s see what the next season brings.

”Mon the Hedge” 🇮🇩

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Even though you never came back up, it must have been a totally different experience from the last 4 or 5 years, winning most weeks and scoring 94 goals in the league alone so far!

Slightly more enjoyable I'd imagine.

Absolutely. 

I do miss going to Cowdenbeath , Edinburgh City and Stenny though . They are fantastic away days. 🤔

Very disappointing that we didn’t manage to go straight back up but Being honest we were shite in the big games and Kirk was clueless with his tactics.So another season in the Highland League, won’t be long before the money runs out and the for sale sign goes up at the Glebe though.

Very disappointing that we didn’t manage to go straight back up but Being honest we were shite in the big games and Kirk was clueless with his tactics.So another season in the Highland League, won’t be long before the money runs out and the for sale sign goes up at the Glebe though.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] fanny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...