The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

5 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Brechin's numbers v their title contenders this season...

845242461_20220226TopFiveresults.JPG.bf28c19a3c6660f3f33ab269557a39c4.JPG

Yep that has been our downfall.  All part of the learning process . Buckie and Broch seem to have worked out the importance of beating your nearest challengers. 

I do think we are in a far better position squad wise now than at any point in the past 4 years . The management at least have seen the importance of getting players signed up for next season so we don't have to start rebuilding again completely from scratch . 

1 hour ago, City_slicker1906 said:

Good result today.
Much better side once Davidson went off. Some times I think he disrupts the flow of the team.

For the first time in my long supporting life I honestly believe the ref had it in for the opposition from start from finish.

Some of the bookings were hardly fouls and the penalty.............................

15 hours ago, OldRed said:

For the first time in my long supporting life I honestly believe the ref had it in for the opposition from start from finish.

Some of the bookings were hardly fouls and the penalty.............................

Nah, they lost their discipline very early on . I think the ref just got fed up with their constant moaning and constant niggling fouls.

They also seemed content  with a draw towards the end of the first half too.   Some of their players were  shouting to slow things down at throw ins / set pieces etc . Maybe it was to try and disrupt our quick and direct style of play but to us it seemed like they were in no hurry to push for anything more when we had taken the foot off the gas. 

With us getting a quick goal after the break , their discipline just went completely . The number 9 was angling for a fight with anyone and I'm surprised he managed to last the 90 mins with only a booking. 

The penalty was a stone waller and a no brainer red card too in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Right then, the Merkinch Massive are making a weekend of it. First question: best beer garden in Montrose please.
Sharkys is decent. Big TV in the outdoor area and also do good scran if you're feeling peckish.

32 minutes ago, Aidan said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
Right then, the Merkinch Massive are making a weekend of it. First question: best beer garden in Montrose please.

Sharkys is decent. Big TV in the outdoor area and also do good scran if you're feeling peckish.

Cheers, just what I'm after.

Brechin City now officially out of promotion contention. Will be interesting to see what the fall out of that is in terms of the management team and whether they will be able to build as strong a squad next season. Hopefully there are no more shenanigans on trying to barge into the LL with SFA board help. Think the Club 42 rule changes closed the door to being promoted as a guest team and there's unlikely to be scope for a vacancy to fill by application if the two Colt teams are voted back in.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Brechin City now officially out of promotion contention. Will be interesting to see what the fall out of that is in terms of the management team and whether they will be able to build as strong a squad next season. Hopefully there are no more shenanigans on trying to barge into the LL with SFA board help. Think the Club 42 rule changes closed the door to being promoted as a guest team and there's unlikely to be scope for a vacancy to fill by application if the two Colt teams are voted back in.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tough ask for Brechin to come up straight away in their first season in the HL and they have done okay but am sure deep down board will be a bit frustrated they never won the league . What's the supporters thoughts on the management team and player wis?,will it be a massive reshuffle again next year or is their players willing to stay in the HL to play for the club.