The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

On 13/02/2022 at 00:18, Jimmy676 said:

Welcome to the Highland League as they say, its not all plain sailing and thinking you will just turn up and win is a bad mentality to have, like your management team. Teams go to the death here and many a winner, equalizer is scored in the 95th minute ! Your down fall is your own doing, the Broch game at home a great example, you should have been up 6-0 ht. 

Haven't you got one more year at it before the backers / sponsors pull out ? Better get yer skates on or you will be in here forever !!

I love all the made up shite. No single backer. Sponsors signed up to 3 years..... seems like if you dont know anything make it up.

Were you "punching above your weight" by recording zero wins and the worst points total of all time in the second tier - a mere handful of years before a similar Angus club mounted a title challenge at the same level? Absolutely not.
d05646ed-d051-4d76-b7bc-bf6935431cca.thumb.jpg.a78f0cc5d39c6f8e55caeb0ffbfaf84c.jpg

Would this be the ‘similar Angus club’ from a town 4 times the population of Brechin?

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Would that be the Brechin that has a population 45% greater than long-term Premiership members Dingwall?

Possibly not a fair comparison as the Dingwall side have supporters from all over Ross-shire and Brechin has three SPFL clubs in its county to draw potential support away from them.

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Would that be the Brechin that has a population 45% greater than long-term Premiership members Dingwall?

That’s probably the worst comparison you could use.

16 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

And what happens when the Uncle Roys of the world lose interest or pass away? You only have to look at Gretna to see what happens.

They drop to their natural level; Championship/League One.  County won't do a Gretna.

Zander Clarke out injured for St Johnstone now is there a chance they could recall Jack? I know they have Ross sinclair but they might still need him back. To be fair the few games I've seen Ian Ross play hes looked like a pretty decent keeper so wouldn't be too worried if we did loose Jack 

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Zander Clarke out injured for St Johnstone now is there a chance they could recall Jack? I know they have Ross sinclair but they might still need him back. To be fair the few games I've seen Ian Ross play hes looked like a pretty decent keeper so wouldn't be too worried if we did loose Jack 

After last Saturday I think it is safe to assume Jack will be staying .🙈