The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think they would receive £20k next season rather than the initial £40k. Third season it drops to zero. Judging by who they brought in for this season people linked to the club are pumping money in above and beyond that, but you could say the same for how Brora, Rothes and Formartine feature at the top end of the table. East Stirlingshire found out the hard way in the Lowland League that recently relegated former league clubs can wind up being outspent even when they find a sugar daddy.

Is this the best you can come up with ? 

Oh dear. Where to start.

Maybe best not to.

On a general note, no extra money has been thrown into the playing squad than previous years. Similar budget to previous seasons. The real difficult is trying to attract players of the right calibre and who are prepared to do the traveling. Sure many folk on here have the answer to that one. 

We are learning the hard way on how this league works and having the best of everything (in terms of training facilities and travel) is no guarantee for anything.

We like other HL clubs are about to lose some of our loanees back to their parent clubs. I am led to believe they will then be assessed and farmed out to higher league clubs.

We have some wiggle room to bring in a some reinforcements but from where?

I had hoped for a bounce back to SPFL but also recognised that we may need a few years to adjust and get the balance of players required to get out of the league. 

Anyways onwards and upwards.

l
On a general note, no extra money has been thrown into the playing squad than previous years. Similar budget to previous seasons. 

I find that very hard to believe. Compare our squad this season compared to last and it’s night and day. Our squad last season was full of untested kids and this season our squad is packed full of players with players with a proven pedigree at a higher level.

I have little inside knowledge, but I’ve heard heard of the eye-watering wages Davo is taking home which would be equivalent to about 3/4 players last season.

It doesn't look like you will come back up obviously but how have the fans enjoyed the season in terms of days out/away games? (where possible with covid obviously) I would imagine that side of it has been a breathe of fresh air but may wear thin pretty quickly if you have to do some of these camel treks every season.

Let's be honest for the most part following clubs like ours is about the camaraderie on a Saturday as we don't really expect much in way of consistent, if any, success.

Edited by Neilly

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

It doesn't look like you will come back up obviously but how have the fans enjoyed the season in terms of days out/away games? (where possible with covid obviously) I would imagine that side of it has been a breathe of fresh air but may wear thin pretty quickly if you have to do some of these camel treks every season.

Let's be honest for the most part following clubs like ours is about the camaraderie on a Saturday as we don't really expect much in way of consistent, if any, success.

First off it is nice having the team winning games again. This certainly helps lift spirits , although the general restructuring of the club has also helped lift the mood. 

The camel treks you speak of  (Wick apart ) are no worse than going to Stranraer , Annan, Dumfries etc for us ,  plus you only play them away once a season .......or twice possibly  if you are drawn them in the cup. 

The days out themselves are more pleasurable as on a whole  we find the people are friendlier. No getting chased to your bus in Cowdenbeath or getting your bus stoned in Methil or the Dumbarton stewards making your life hell etc . 

We obviously want to be back in the spfl for footballing reasons but I can honestly say the days out are far more pleasurable in this kneck of the woods. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Agree with the above. I’ve really enjoyed the season so far and it’s just refreshing to head north visiting new places and grounds instead of the same shitholes like Cowdenbeath and Coatbridge twice a season.

Think this is an opinion shared by a lot of the Brechin support - I’d say we have taken 100+ supporters to most of our away games this season and in some cases have outnumbered the home support. I see a lot of new faces that are travelling week in week out now.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like our season is gone now , a few players left and arguably our best player gone back to his parent club,yet no sign of replacements coming in.

Have Brechin become a really bad club that no one wants to come.

Another season in the highland league beckons.

Looks like our season is gone now , a few players left and arguably our best player gone back to his parent club,yet no sign of replacements coming in.

Have you looked at the quality we’ve been able to attract since the summer?

This squad is ten times better than anything I anticipated after the lows of the last 3/4 years. There are several players in there capable of playing at league 1 level.

We’ve already replaced Denham and Milne but no way we’ll be able to replace Max. One of a kind.

58 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Have you looked at the quality we’ve been able to attract since the summer?

This squad is ten times better than anything I anticipated after the lows of the last 3/4 years. There are several players in there capable of playing at league 1 level.

1432316645_giphy(3).gif.dec12cc8c6760a9f7421af9f53926531.gif

13 hours ago, citydiehard said:

And here they come.

The parasite's from under there stones - players have been shipped on cause they were not interested or not good enough. We have little control on parent clubs recalling loanees. We have brought in two; Nathan and Seth with both being more than adequate.  We still have a couple of loan options.

Ewan has also made an impact since getting a chance.

Whats your thoughts on the wins and style we are trying to play? No doubt find something negative to say about that too.

18 hours ago, citydiehard said:

That does seem a bit catastrophist having seen City a fair bit this season. A cracking wee player who wouldn't have been anywhere near Glebe Park but for Craig Levein & his personal role in bringing him to Scotland, and a frew fringe players have left.

Don't really see the issue. Fraserburgh look too consistent for everyone else this season anyway, but Brechin seem a really well run place again and should be well placed to challenge strongly for next season's title.