The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, edinabear said:

If Brechin don't go up this year can they switch to the Lowland League next season? 

As things stand right now in terms of the new rules no, but the old rules didn't stop them from trying to barge their way in last year with SFA help so time will tell.

On 04/01/2022 at 05:05, LongTimeLurker said:

As things stand right now in terms of the new rules no, but the old rules didn't stop them from trying to barge their way in last year with SFA help so time will tell.

Aye but the Lowland league quite happy to have the ugly sisters in. Despite weekends result I am quite enjoying the HL.

What is being built at Brechin does not and will not depend on what happens this year, as painful as Saturday was we are still on track for improvement. Granted on the pitch success may not happen this year but we are building and it will arrive.

Guest mr_malcolm
Aye but the Lowland league quite happy to have the ugly sisters in. Despite weekends result I am quite enjoying the HL.
What is being built at Brechin does not and will not depend on what happens this year, as painful as Saturday was we are still on track for improvement. Granted on the pitch success may not happen this year but we are building and it will arrive.

How will it ? What are you building ?

26 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Park's of Hamilton presumably whose owner Douglas Park didn't take the hint from the name his parents gave him about who he was expected to support.

What's the issue here ?  It's just a simple case of our club trying to rebuild after a disastrous  few years of poor decision making. 

If folk are too caught up in their own agendas  and conspiracy theories to accept that then fair enough. 

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If anyone was offering outright odds on the Highland League I think I'd still put a few quid on Brechin. Half a season to go, it would have to be at least 3/1 though.

I would think about that as well  .................but  only if  I hadn't witnessed our last few seasons . 

Have now seen Brechin twice  this season & as a neutral have seen a team that gets plenty of the ball but fails to do the important thing in the final third, put it in the net. At the back a few decent players but some that think they are better than they are. Cannot see them getting out of HFL this season & will need to find players that can play but battle for every ball as well. Not sure if there is still a parachute payment for teams going down but if there is & it has been used by Brechin this season looking to go straight back up then maybe a re-think is required

Think they would receive £20k next season rather than the initial £40k. Third season it drops to zero. Judging by who they brought in for this season people linked to the club are pumping money in above and beyond that, but you could say the same for how Brora, Rothes and Formartine feature at the top end of the table. East Stirlingshire found out the hard way in the Lowland League that recently relegated former league clubs can wind up being outspent even when they find a sugar daddy.