The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Of course there's more room. No one is interested in Formartine, and of any crowd that does show up you can bet about 90% of them will be the owners buddies in for a hospitality day out who'll have no idea what the score was come full time. 

90% were Brechin fans :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2021 at 09:46, Best Team in Angus said:

See post on our facebook  that Max is not being allowed to play by St Johnstone against Darvel that would be a major blow

The buggers did it to Montrose on Saturday with Cammie Ballantine. TBF he is due to go back to them in January, but I would hope his loan deal will be extended.

On 26/11/2021 at 09:46, Best Team in Angus said:

See post on our facebook  that Max is not being allowed to play by St Johnstone against Darvel that would be a major blow

Not sure where you are seeing this. As there is nothing in the most up to date other than discussions ongoing. Although I suspect it will be a no in case they are needed at St Johnston, good as he and Jack Wills have been, dont see them in St J first team this season.

Just heard a rumour that the Darvel game can’t be played on Saturday because the Darvel players have a Christmas party down in Blackpool.

With tomorrow’s game being postponed already due to the state of their pitch and more rain / snow tomorrow when can the game be played?

Also what will happen if some of their team get Covid and the some or all their team have to isolate? When will the game get played then?

18 minutes ago, City_slicker1906 said:

Not my point. What if they come back with Covid on a jolly to Blackpool instead of playing this urgent cup game on a legitimate Saturday?

Saves us playing a game, thanks very much for the 3-0 win by default?

(probably only League Cup rules, sigh)

2 hours ago, City_slicker1906 said:

Not my point. What if they come back with Covid on a jolly to Blackpool instead of playing this urgent cup game on a legitimate Saturday?

After last Saturday , I'm afraid it is all midweek dates from here on in as are the cup rules. 

I am sure if covid halts any further matches then it will be dealt with. 

5 hours ago, City_slicker1906 said:

Just heard a rumour that the Darvel game can’t be played on Saturday because the Darvel players have a Christmas party down in Blackpool.

With tomorrow’s game being postponed already due to the state of their pitch and more rain / snow tomorrow when can the game be played?

Also what will happen if some of their team get Covid and the some or all their team have to isolate? When will the game get played then?

4 hours ago, City_slicker1906 said:

And if it’s not played before the weekend?

3 hours ago, City_slicker1906 said:

200.gif

You don't get another Saturday... it's consecutive Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday attempts at trips to Ayrshire from here on.

Try again on Wednesday, then every consecutive Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday night, until completed.

There are 12 more Monday/Tuesdays + Wednesdays until the date of the next round.

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

200.gif

You don't get another Saturday... it's consecutive Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday attempts at trips to Ayrshire from here on.

Try again on Wednesday, then every consecutive Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday night, until completed.

There are 12 more Monday/Tuesdays + Wednesdays until the date of the next round.

Rescheduled for 14th Dec 7.45

On 06/12/2021 at 18:36, City_slicker1906 said:

You only get one chance of a Saturday replay which is now gone.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hearing that Brechin are banning away fans for Jan 3rd's game v Fraserburgh. Hoping this is not a sign of things to come.

What do you mean by 'ban'? Have they gathered a posse to lynch incomers at the outskirts of their village? 

If a home club reckon that they will roughly fill the utterly pathetic limit set for them by the SG with their own fanbase then there's no point advertising away tickets. Kilmarnock will presumably 'ban' Morton fans from our game in midweek for the same reason.