The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Extra time? Wha?

Buckie being handy at the start of the season, and in cup ties, should come as no surprise. Since the start of the controversial - some might say 'highly controversial' - 2016/17 season, of their opening three league games across each season they've won all but three, drawing once and losing twice.

Brechin throwing new signings into the squad on the day they arrive tho. Bold. 

Buckie were definitely a step up on the other teams we have played, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them challenge for the title at the end of the season, although I think we were the authors of our own demise last night with our defending. We still looked pretty good going forward and needed to be a bit more clinical with our chances.

The new striker looked like he will be a handful for defences with his pace.

Hopefully the result serves as a reminder to the team that we aren’t going to score 4 every week and will have some tough games. 

35 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Brechin throwing new signings into the squad on the day they arrive tho. Bold. 

Aye, so the overall result might not be reflective of what'll happen when they meet again in the HL.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway. :unsure:

Worrying thing for me was that we struggled to beat Buckie in the cup when we were in the Championship and Second Division (one went to a replay and the other year needed a last minute winner after we'd gone behind).  Completely different squads now of course, but the relatively recent memory's still there.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Buckie are invariably a pain in the arse in cup ties for league sides so it'll probably have little bearing on things should Brechin go out and pan in the windows of the Rothes Party Bus on the weekend and get back to winning ways.

On the plus side, it's another cup distraction for Buckie to deal with in a congested start to the season, and a postponed game to fit in some time (albeit a homer against Fort William). 

We had potentially four guys missing from the starting line up. That said the street smart Buckie guys may well have chewed them up a bit, accept perhaps Cox.

I know Andy is raging about the performance and demanding much better. Still a a couple of additions to arrive.

PS; Buckie manager a bit of a Dick.

3 hours ago, charlie king mvp said:

Buckie were pretty good and probably deserved to win but there wasn't much in it. I would fancy us to turn the result round when we play them in the league. 

Once the new guys settle in I think you may be right.  Julien looks like he will cause a few problems. Certainly took the piss of that centre back who needed a Sunday pub team challenge to stop him from scoring . 

Wee Max and Coxy will certainly make a difference when they return. 

The farcical defending apart , it was an entertaining game . Streets ahead of what we have endured the past few years. 

I was at the game last night and was impressed with Brechin. Buckie shaded it I thought but 3-1 flattered them.  The last time I was there was two years ago when Elgin beat them. That day I was astonished that they had three fat players in the team. 

The goalie looks a bit of a problem on last night’s showing but I think you have signed a gem in Wade.

Great addition to the league.

2 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Once the new guys settle in I think you may be right.  Julien looks like he will cause a few problems. Certainly took the piss of that centre back who needed a Sunday pub team challenge to stop him from scoring . 

Wee Max and Coxy will certainly make a difference when they return. 

The farcical defending apart , it was an entertaining game . Streets ahead of what we have endured the past few years. 

Must have been bad if you're relaxed about a 3-1 home defeat...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Made a mistook

Buckie's Inverness contingent are all quality players.  Fraser, Urquhart, big Lewis MacKinnon.  The latter played in the Championship a couple of times for The Caley, and the former two could easily play League Two.  Urquhart did recently for Elgin.

They'll definitely be up there come the end of the season.

18 hours ago, virginton said:

Dropping points against a pub league standard gang with an utterly humiliating record in recent years will be tough to take, but hopefully Rothes can recover from this setback. 

Ah , I'd thought you'd been ill or something as we've missed your pearls of wisdom. 

Sorry we disappointed you in the first couple of games with those convincing wins . 

Glad you are fine though and good to see we are still living in your head rent free.