The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

4 hours ago, Citytillidie said:

Any rumours on any potential new recruits we are looking at ?, seems to have went a bit quiet on the signing front.

They are taking their time to try and get the right blend .....................both playing wise and to fit in to the very harmonious squad that we have right now.  No point in just signing for the sake of it as in years past. 

7 hours ago, kevsmart said:

At least we won't have to go to Fort William as their pitch is knackered and they are playing away from home every match

It's been one of my favourite away days on the rare event it wasn't postponed.

34 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

They are taking their time to try and get the right blend .....................both playing wise and to fit in to the very harmonious squad that we have right now.  No point in just signing for the sake of it as in years past. 

I agree with you it’s been one of our big mistakes the last couple of years just signing people cos there a free agent to fill the squad.Was just curious if anyone had heard anything rumours wise on who we may be after.

Back-to-back wins will do quite nicely.  Dominant throughout, although we must have taken the majority of our chances as I can't remember either keeper being involved all that much.  Thought Currie's goal was the pick of the bunch with a nice curler across goal into the bottom-left corner.  Very pleasing, even more so because I'm watching this in Keith! 

Eta: I know it's only a couple of games, but it's great to have a feel-good feeling and some positivity back.  The complete dominance in the last two games suggests we'll be there or thereabouts, so hopefully this can be a springboard.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Brechin head to Banff next Saturday but after that five of the following six games are against Buckie, Fraserburgh, Formartine, Rothes & Brora. How they do in those games will shape expectations as to how their aspirations for a quick return will go.

Good to see the club starting well but both Turriff & Keith have been lower mid table sides in the last few seasons.

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

4 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Beating Keith and Turriff and thinking you’re Erchie?

Oh mate. Fancy that. 

Surely it’s not hard to see why Brechin fans (myself included) are delighted with recent results? Back to back to back relegations including dropping out of the SPFL altogether, and now we are in a position where we have won 3 games on the bounce, (one against a League One side (p.s f**k you Barry)). 

They may not have been world beaters and we will face better, more organised teams in the HL, but viewed in context, and although I’m biased, I can completely understand why some fans are getting excited.  

10 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Beating Keith and Turriff and thinking you’re Erchie?

Oh mate. Fancy that. 

It's more the manner that we are dominating these teams . The ball played confidently on the deck and virtually no big hopeful punts up the park. 

No being Erchie about it , just appreciating the decent fitba on show.  

2 hours ago, citydiehard said:

All the so called fans getting excited winning our first 2 games against shite teams,just wait until we play the better teams and we will see us struggle.

And once again he reveals his true colours (not red,)