The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

22 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I can assure you we’ve had worse over the last few years. Much, much worse.

You say that now. I can guarantee that by the end of the season you'll hate him like most Rovers fans did. Hibs fans buying the tickets in the home end for his testimonial says it all.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good to hear. Did he play as a winger?

He had been training on and off with Hearts over the last three years during school holidays and played as a trialist in a few games.  I'm pretty sure that Hearts would have signed him had Craig Levien still been around. I suspect that he joined Brechin on loan through Levein's and Andy Kirk's previous knowledge of him at Hearts.

In the games I saw him play, he was good on the ball and has a gifted left peg but I didn't think he was that great defensively. He tended to play centre or left M/F when at Hearts. 

Edited by Footballfirst

22 minutes ago, Ritchie Sacramento said:

Some top quality reporting from the BBC here....emoji2357.png Screenshot_20210718_111038.jpeg

That is fantastic stuff from the BBC .  They don't really give a f**k  , do they ? 

On another  lower league matter, I noticed that the lowland league has now been included on the livescore app.  I wonder if the highland league will get similar attention next week ?  With no OF representation  I have my doubts. 

This fucking colt nonsense is not going to go away anytime soon. They are doing everything they can to keep them in the limelight .  The papers today had a lowland league report section...................... with the colts reports forefront of course. 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

That is fantastic stuff from the BBC .  They don't really give a f**k  , do they ? 

On another  lower league matter, I noticed that the lowland league has now been included on the livescore app.  I wonder if the highland league will get similar attention next week ?  With no OF representation  I have my doubts. 

This fucking colt nonsense is not going to go away anytime soon. They are doing everything they can to keep them in the limelight .  The papers today had a lowland league report section...................... with the colts reports forefront of course. 

Livescore has covered the HL and LL for the past few years but only a couple games are updated during the game. Most are results only. Bet365 tend to do one or two HL and LL games a week and offer in play on them so you can follow the games to some extent on that, updates stats etc.

Highland League scores have been on LiveScore for years. LiveScore occasionally update a few games live but in the main wait til full time and rip their details from Twitter. 

There's been incidents of courtsiding happening at SHFL level but not too many. Gambling on the SHFL has been a complete waste of time since Brora started buying titles. 

My take on yesterday;

First half was fairly even on balance of play however Davidson did misjudge the flight of the ball (that was assisted my tail wind) and arguably keeper could have come out sharper. Second was a needless penalty given away by Bollan diving in unnecessary.

2nd half we changed our shape and were by far the better team, with Max feeding in Wood for a good strike. Cox clattered in the box for the pen - well dispatched by Ingles. Then the fun, Paton with a shite ball to Cowden player who Davidson body checked, red card - deemed last man.

Winner came about when keeper cam to collect and messed up allowing a headed winner.

Highlights from me were the industry and willing running of Woods and Cox. Max had a promising start, Jack Wills had some superb saves prior to the error, Scott did well enough and the Cowden player who chopped him in half should have seen red.

And coming back from 2 down shows a bit of something from then players.

We had two likely starters missing today and now Davidson missing on Tuesday means Kirk has yet to get some consistency in selection, new players coming in two. We need a wee run of luck and players on the park. I am still confident. 

Edited by Cold Feet

Heard a rumour it's pay at gate at the Glebe on Tuesday night, is this the case?

Obviously you had a capped attendance in the last league Cup tie much like us (Alloa) assume that's gone after Monday?

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

3 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Then the fun, Paton with a shite ball to Cowden player who Davidson body checked, red card - deemed last man.

Look at that as an investment for the season, Davo laying down a marker for any other forwards to consider the payment due in challenges with him in a similar situation. While it may encourage a few to try to wind him up, it’ll make a few more ease up a bit.

17 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Livescore has covered the HL and LL for the past few years but only a couple games are updated during the game. Most are results only. Bet365 tend to do one or two HL and LL games a week and offer in play on them so you can follow the games to some extent on that, updates stats etc.

14 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Highland League scores have been on LiveScore for years. LiveScore occasionally update a few games live but in the main wait til full time and rip their details from Twitter. 

There's been incidents of courtsiding happening at SHFL level but not too many. Gambling on the SHFL has been a complete waste of time since Brora started buying titles. 

13 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Cheers  for the update guys. ...........and apologies for the rant . 😉

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Cheers  for the update guys. ...........and apologies for the rant . 😉

If I were you I'd enjoy getting wound up by the inaccuracies in the alleged national media. Now you're non-league they're going to forget about you entirely. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

If I were you I'd enjoy getting wound up by the inaccuracies in the alleged national media. Now you're non-league they're going to forget about you entirely. 

Aye. Sadly so.

Might not be a bad thing given the shite they came up with these past couple of seasons. 

41 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Guys is it pay at the gate tomorrow? Might head along if so.

Yes , seemingly so. I think a statement is going out today. 

2 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Any news on happening with Gerry ? He was ment to be back for pre season but nothing has been said if he's been signed or not 

He was released. Travelling  from Glasgow was never going to be a sensible move with new training arrangements etc.