The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Clach have had 3 preseason games scheduled and all 3 cancelled due to Covid. There might be one coming up I haven't heard about, but I'm quite glad we won't have to play you lot till the Spring. Booked into the Northern Hotel for it as soon as the fixtures came out as an ironic joke that nobody will ever get.. The real thing starts a week on Saturday, Locos away which could be tough. You have Turriff at home which might be a gentle introduction but since there hasn't been any football for a year or more, nobody really knows.

Keep that sort of chat for the Covid thread...

16 hours ago, Kev8122 said:

I think that there is a genuine feeling amongst a lot of City fans that the squad we are assembling will be a match for most of the other 17 teams in the league. The new Manager is combining experienced  senior players with a mixture of exciting youngsters and I for one can't wait for the HL to start.

I have high expectations this season and as there is no transfer window in the HL I would expect that money to be raised from the share issue later this year will be partially used in the second half of the season to help us push on and perhaps win the league at the first attempt .

New teams to play and new grounds to visit will undoubtedly mean that fans will travel again and I hope that the supporters club will run buses.

'Mon the City!

Even if we can assemble one of the strongest squads in the league, it all comes down to how quickly they can gel as a team and hit the ground running. 

In 2019/20, Brora won 24 of 26 and 2nd place Fraserburgh won 17 of 23, so we can't afford a series of slip ups whilst finding their feet if we have any intention of winning it at the first attempt.  I think Davidson is suspended for the first few games?

Also, the good thing with the HL is that it forces you to go to the away days if you have any ambition of going to a particular ground.  You can't just say "I'll go to the next one when we play them there again" as one might with the SPFL.  Unless it's postponed of course, in which case you're probably missing it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

39 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Even if we can assemble one of the strongest squads in the league, it all comes down to how quickly they can gel as a team and hit the ground running. 

In 2019/20, Brora won 24 of 26 and 2nd place Fraserburgh won 17 of 23, so we can't afford a series of slip ups whilst finding their feet if we have any intention of winning it at the first attempt.  I think Davidson is suspended for the first few games?

Also, the good thing with the HL is that it forces you to go to the away days if you have any ambition of going to a particular ground.  You can't just say "I'll go to the next one when we play them there again" as one might with the SPFL.  Unless it's postponed of course, in which case you're probably missing it.

Davidson served his suspensions in the League Cup, fairly sire he is good for the league.

10 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Davidson was a two game ban so would be technically available for tomorrow I would think. I’ve just seen that his testimonial is tonight though so that might put paid to that…

He played the first 25 minutes.

1 hour ago, Citytillidie said:

Not actually been that bad a bad mistake by Davo and a penalty are all cowdung have had.Apart from that it’s been an even game with maybe city been the better team

You must be watching a different game from me.If we were the better team which we weren’t  we would have won the game.

On 25/06/2021 at 21:35, TxRover said:

You’ll love him 95% of the time, and cry in frustration 5% of the time. Excellent awareness and distribution are his strengths, a tendency toward red mist and being goaded into things is his weakness. As was cryptically referred to earlier, expect him to get suspended for a week or two around Christmas, accumulated yellows is a popular way.

18 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He played the first 25 minutes.

Well, he managed 84 minutes today... before getting sent off and probably costing us the game (as Cowden scored the winner in the 89th minute).

Can't say we weren't warned.

On 16/07/2021 at 11:54, gm_1982 said:

Davidson was a two game ban so would be technically available for tomorrow I would think. I’ve just seen that his testimonial is tonight though so that might put paid to that…

Davo clocking up another red so early on in the season. Wonder how many more he'll pick up.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Well, he managed 84 minutes today... before getting sent off and probably costing us the game (as Cowden scored the winner in the 89th minute).

84/90=93.3%…I said 5% cry, sorry.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.

8 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I take it you haven’t seen the incident because that’s pretty unfair on Davo. Michael Paton played a terrible ball straight to a Cowdenbeath player and he had pretty much no option but to put a challenge in or it was a certain goal. Paton was totally to blame for it.

Thanks for that, we were wondering why it happened.

56 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

Sounds like he was at fault for the first though. He'll be a total liability, even at that level. Good luck with him, you'll need it. 

Absolutely delighted we've got rid of him. 

23 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Just to wish you all the best for the coming season.You have assembled a decent squad and should be there abouts. Today's game could have gone either way. Davidson unlucky with the red. He will be a big player for you this season

A big hindrance, certainly. 

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Sounds like he was at fault for the first though. He'll be a total liability, even at that level. Good luck with him, you'll need it. 

Absolutely delighted we've got rid of him. 

I can assure you we’ve had worse over the last few years. Much, much worse.

1 hour ago, Rossco8326 said:

Though  the Ukrainian guy we got on loan from St Johnstone was brillant today 

Good to hear. Did he play as a winger?