The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Wise words and on reflection, I've acted and typed like a c*nt.

That match against Kelty meant a lot to the supporters of the club and obviously was a tough day for all those with deep rooted connections to Brechin City, of which I am not one. In trying to purchase a ticket for this match in front of a  limited capacity, I was depriving those that have followed the club through hard times and better times their right to watch their team on it's most important day of the club's 115 years.

Compounding this, I've then came on here and moaned about voluntary workers who are the lifeblood of the Scottish game at lower levels and then attempted to defend the indefensible.

Therefore,  at the risk of sounding like a sociopath, I will make another, and final, u-turn as I need to apologise to Brechin City supporters on this thread , and my humblest apologies to the those people working hard for the club that I criticised unjustly.

I hope the club regains its league status sooner rather than later.

I accept any further flak in the knowledge that it's richly deserved.

@Bogbrush1903, someone's hacked your account...

32 minutes ago, Spyro said:

You’re just glad no one mentioned Clach… 🤭

I  am tbh, our most experienced players feking off and both pre season games cancelled with no others publicised yet.. The NCL's not so bad though, wee away trip to Orkney... :1eye

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I  am tbh, our most experienced players feking off and both pre season games cancelled with no others publicised yet.. The NCL's not so bad though, wee away trip to Orkney... :1eye

At least you’ll get 4 local derbies a season again.

Trips to Canal Park and the IRA (or wherever they’re playing)… the things dreams are made of 😳

1 hour ago, Citytillidie said:

David Cox Signs on at the glebe for next season 

The non-reversible retirement ended abruptly by the lure of the mighty City.  Excellent.

Wonder if the HL appealed to the guy who surely to god must have played at every non-Premiership SPFL ground more times than he cares to count?

40 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The non-reversible retirement ended abruptly by the lure of the mighty City.  Excellent.

Wonder if the HL appealed to the guy who surely to god must have played at every non-Premiership SPFL ground more times than he cares to count?

Am sure he stays in Motherwell,that is some trek every away game for him....👏👏👏

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Scott Reekie has signed for Ed City.

The new Maldini or a bone idle shagbag? Any thoughts?

Scott Reekie is a pretty decent player. One of the few success stories of the last couple of seasons. 

Can play centre of defence or full back and is good going forward. 

I think he'll do well for Edinburgh City. 

15 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Yusaf Hussain any use ?

Solid and decent. Very good in the air.

Brechin's defence improved massively after the break. It was the lack of options available to the defenders and lack of protection afforded them in a number of games that cost them.

Edited by COYR's

2 hours ago, championlivi said:

How are you guys looking for the season? Always had a soft spot for Brechin and hope you do well (apart from next Saturday!).

Will you have a team by then as I'm sure trialists are not allowed in the cup?

I expect we'll have to sign a few players up in the next few days so we have a full team!