The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

It isn’t at Glebe Park that’s why.

Thanks, I didn't know that, as it doesn't mention it is getting played at an alternative venue.  Where's it getting played?

Edited by SlipperyP

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

If you get the digits of his number out of order like you do with the letters in league, there's your reason 😉

Or it's because I'm trying tap the bank of dad again!

4 hours ago, MonTheHedge said:

Ooft, that aged like milk mate 

3 hours ago, greendot said:

Charity games lads, you really think we were trying. Ref even have a dodgy pen so Murray could score 😁

On 28/06/2021 at 14:47, Hedgecutter said:

That said, it takes a certain type of person to knowingly try and take the place of a genuine fan at the biggest game in that club's history, all for something to fill an afternoon with (especially when it's got a live stream).  There's certainly no way I'd be so discourteous, never mind openly admitting to it.

Wise words and on reflection, I've acted and typed like a c*nt.

That match against Kelty meant a lot to the supporters of the club and obviously was a tough day for all those with deep rooted connections to Brechin City, of which I am not one. In trying to purchase a ticket for this match in front of a  limited capacity, I was depriving those that have followed the club through hard times and better times their right to watch their team on it's most important day of the club's 115 years.

Compounding this, I've then came on here and moaned about voluntary workers who are the lifeblood of the Scottish game at lower levels and then attempted to defend the indefensible.

Therefore,  at the risk of sounding like a sociopath, I will make another, and final, u-turn as I need to apologise to Brechin City supporters on this thread , and my humblest apologies to the those people working hard for the club that I criticised unjustly.

I hope the club regains its league status sooner rather than later.

I accept any further flak in the knowledge that it's richly deserved.

3 minutes ago, mrman2011 said:

Would be funny as f**k if relegation was in place for the Highland League and Brechin go into the Midland League :D

It is, after a playoff. No johnny come lately is going to steal Fort William's bottom spot though.