The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

From this........

To this..........

To this in the space of a day. 😂

Wow!   Just Wow ! 

It's called a Damascene conversion but whilst Paul the apostle had his on the road to Damascus, I had mine before I set out on the road to Brechin.

I'm sure you can call on your biblical revelations all you want but in essence it's just been a full on troll, and a terrible one at that.

I'm thinking of following Brechin next season as it's unlikely Pittodrie will be fully open.

the false logic of your statement makes your thinking complete nonsense.  You honestly think that you stand a better chance of attending a match at a 4k capacity stadium who like Aberdeen are not operating at full capacity yet compared to a 20k stadium which has better facilities for social distancing with a higher number of attendees you don't feel that you could attend those games 🙄

55 minutes ago, greendot said:

I'm sure you can call on your biblical revelations all you want but in essence it's just been a full on troll, and a terrible one at that.

the false logic of your statement makes your thinking complete nonsense.  You honestly think that you stand a better chance of attending a match at a 4k capacity stadium who like Aberdeen are not operating at full capacity yet compared to a 20k stadium which has better facilities for social distancing with a higher number of attendees you don't feel that you could attend those games 🙄

What do you mean, "you don't feel that you could attend those games"? It doesn't matter what I feel if I can't get a ticket because it's sold out. Now if you tell me Brechin is the same then fair enough. I'm not au fait with how many fans will be keen to watch the likes of Fort William at Glebe Park

However, I'm not avoiding Pittodrie because I'm concerned about Covid if that's what you're getting at...😂

I'll just go and watch rugby union instead. 16,500 watching the British Lions at Murrayfield on Saturday whilst enjoying a pint where they sat whilst under 10,000 were allowed at Scotland's Euro matches at Hampden.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

If it's upsetting you so much, which it clearly is, why not contact Brechin City's 7-day / 24hr Hedgeline who'll no doubt put you through to the full-time call centre complaints team?

Phone 01356 MINTER

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

If it's upsetting you so much, which it clearly is, why not contact Brechin City's 7-day / 24hr Hedgeline who'll no doubt put you through to the full-time call centre complaints team?

Phone 01356 MINTER

Hoping to get some greenies are you keyboard warrior...I'm sure you'll get plenty.

I'm embarrassed for you to resort to name calling though just because I said something you don't agree with.

I'll leave it there I think... hopefully, I'll notch up plenty more dislikes

Edited by Bogbrush1903

15 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Hoping to get some greenies are you keyboard warrior...I'm sure you'll get plenty.

I'm embarrassed for you to resort to name calling though just because I said something you don't agree with.

Good to see you're not bothered, mate 👍🏻

Not sure what all this is about; Glebe Pk is only limited to 250 under covid rules. The ground is set up so two teams can change in covid friendly environment which means losing some seats. No supporters allowed in red areas which takes away from the numbers. All season ticket holders get preference, then I suppose sponsors so where does that leave room for a random request?

Sure it might have been dealt better but there were many other things going on at the time, there is no full time admin - high expectations on guys doing this on a voluntary basis.

There is a new committee (to be ratified at AGM) in place. They are making improvements all over but this will take some time.

If you wish to attend a game in the future please get in touch with them but give more than 12 hours for a response - NB no full time answer services is in place.

3 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Not sure what all this is about; Glebe Pk is only limited to 250 under covid rules. The ground is set up so two teams can change in covid friendly environment which means losing some seats. No supporters allowed in red areas which takes away from the numbers. All season ticket holders get preference, then I suppose sponsors so where does that leave room for a random request?

Sure it might have been dealt better but there were many other things going on at the time, there is no full time admin - high expectations on guys doing this on a voluntary basis.

There is a new committee (to be ratified at AGM) in place. They are making improvements all over but this will take some time.

If you wish to attend a game in the future please get in touch with them but give more than 12 hours for a response - NB no full time answer services is in place.

Thank you for the measured response  Cold Feet and I accept that I should've been more understanding of the situation.

26 minutes ago, MonTheHedge said:

Why would some tourist get a ticket when people who go and watch the games *but don’t have a season ticket* couldn’t get. 

Can of worms this one. 

Dangerous territory when you start distributing tickets based on "ken him, ken him... dinna ken him... his brother's a h*n so he's probably one too, etc etc.   For me, the best order would have been: 1) first offers go to ST holders , 2) leftovers get offered to existing supporters club members, 3) anything left goes to first-come-first-serve open sale.  Unless we have a system in place like the SSC whereby people have points on record (i.e. something that be quantified), then preferential open sale is just a no-go zone imho. 

That said, it takes a certain type of person to knowingly try and take the place of a genuine fan at the biggest game in that club's history, all for something to fill an afternoon with (especially when it's got a live stream).  There's certainly no way I'd be so discourteous, never mind openly admitting to it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 26/06/2021 at 23:31, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm thinking of following Brechin next season as it's unlikely Pittodrie will be fully open.

Is the friendly next Saturday open to the public and, if so, will it be limited capacity? I don't know if it will the first come, first served type thing

On 27/06/2021 at 08:57, greendot said:

The preseason against Dundee United is limited to 250 people with season ticket holders taking priority 

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

What do you mean, "you don't feel that you could attend those games"? It doesn't matter what I feel if I can't get a ticket because it's sold out. Now if you tell me Brechin is the same then fair enough. I'm not au fait with how many fans will be keen to watch the likes of Fort William at Glebe Park

However, I'm not avoiding Pittodrie because I'm concerned about Covid if that's what you're getting at...😂

I'll just go and watch rugby union instead. 16,500 watching the British Lions at Murrayfield on Saturday whilst enjoying a pint where they sat whilst under 10,000 were allowed at

Scotland's Euro matches at Hampden.

So going by these few quotes with the bit in bold have you been banned from Pittoddrie since you don't quite get that the Glebe will be running at limited capacity for now as well?  I'm sure their mobile / email service must have you permanently blocked if you're losing your shit over a smaller club not getting back to you and not comprehending that it was a limited capacity with home support being prioritised.

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

On 27/06/2021 at 14:07, Aidan said:
On 27/06/2021 at 13:12, Bogbrush1903 said:
I'm a potential customer that they chose to ignore rather than show a bit of courtesy when they're at a very precarious point in their history. Certainly not "renowned for being extremely hospitable". 
All it did was confirm to me why the club is preparing for a Highland League campaign.
Actually, I don't think I'll bother with giving my support to Brechin City. Evidently, it's not wanted. It's a shame but if the club doesn't get its act together then it will start appearing frequently in the same sentence as Third Lanark.

Fantastic. I normally like a good laugh at Brechins expense but the fact that they've got you this riled by not sending you a reply straight away despite them saying they would let you know if and when there was a ticket available for you has made me smile.

Looks like you forgot this gem...........

On 27/06/2021 at 14:33, Bogbrush1903 said:

You've reworded their message for them aidenisabawbag. Where do you see them tell me they'll let me know "if and when a ticket becomes available"?...

"If you send me details I'll see what I can do. Not many spaces left but trying to establish priorities. "

And you've conveniently left out the part where I said that I "left it 12 hours" so i didn't get "riled by not sending a reply straight away". 

However, I'm not annoyed about it, just disappointed.

giphy.gif.6cb4c5a4a90587b833cbbcc69031165e.gif

I'm a potential customer that they chose to ignore rather than show a bit of courtesy when they're at a very precarious point in their history. Certainly not "renowned for being extremely hospitable". 
All it did was confirm to me why the club is preparing for a Highland League campaign.
Actually, I don't think I'll bother with giving my support to Brechin City. Evidently, it's not wanted. It's a shame but if the club doesn't get its act together then it will start appearing frequently in the same sentence as Third Lanark.

This is a shame. You sound like the ‘follow through thick and thin fan’ Brechin could have really used. Please reconsider.

Heading to Aberdeen on 10 July and I'm hoping to stop off in Brechin and add Glebe Park to my list of Scottish grounds if possible.

Is there likely to be any scope for non Brechin fans to attend?

18 minutes ago, Eder said:

Heading to Aberdeen on 10 July and I'm hoping to stop off in Brechin and add Glebe Park to my list of Scottish grounds if possible.

Is there likely to be any scope for non Brechin fans to attend?

Fire them a text

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I mentioned ages ago I was going to go to a few Kelty and a few Brechin games next season. I might not even bother going to Brechin and just send them money for fuckall. 

Terrific scenes. 

For that sort of generosity you deserve a place on the terraces 👍

Booked a room in the Northern Hotel for Clach away next year as an ironic joke for Ken Ferguson that he'll never know about, but after the disgraceful treatment of the Aberdeen fan above, who was simply offering a tenner to displace some loyal Brechin fan, I might not buy a half time raffle ticket to teach them basic civility.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Booked a room in the Northern Hotel for Clach away next year as an ironic joke for Ken Ferguson that he'll never know about, but after the disgraceful treatment of the Aberdeen fan above, who was simply offering a tenner to displace some loyal Brechin fan, I might not buy a half time raffle ticket to teach them basic civility.

Your track record of booking hotels ahead of games means there’s no danger that game will go ahead as planned.