The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Ok, thanks...I don't understand why only 250 are getting in when there were bigger attendances yesterday.
In my experience, I've found Brechin City quite unwelcoming club that don't encourage new support.
I enquired about a ticket for the Kelty Hearts match. I was told that they would check and get back me. I didn't receive another text, so I messaged again and was ignored.

It was quite clearly publicised that the Kelty fixture was limited to 250 home supporters due to government guidelines and quite rightly season ticket holders were prioritised.

Not sure why that makes the Club unwelcoming. In fact the Club are renowned for being extremely hospitable to away supporters and neutrals.

29 minutes ago, greendot said:

Wouldn't have said the club is unwelcoming because you couldn't get a ticket for the kelty match.  As with the United match the numbers set by the government / sfa only allowed 250 tickets. The club do exactly the same as what your team does with European tickets, prioritise their existing fan base first which encourages you to keep buying a season ticket so you can reap the benefits over casual / new fans. I wouldn't find your nose out of joint cos the club is prioritising tickets for a friendly to season ticket holders. In previous seasons that fixture would attract 10 times the number of fans being allowed in from both sides including any neutrals.

No, I didn't say they were unwelcoming because I couldn't get a ticket for the Kelty match, I said they were unwelcoming because they ignored my message so don't misrepresent what I said.

Are you connected to the club?

3 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

It was quite clearly publicised that the Kelty fixture was limited to 250 home supporters due to government guidelines and quite rightly season ticket holders were prioritised.

Not sure why that makes the Club unwelcoming. In fact the Club are renowned for being extremely hospitable to away supporters and neutrals.

I sent the club a message by text and received the reply,

"If you send me details I'll see what I can do. Not many spaces left but trying to establish priorities. "

I said, ok thanks and sent my details. Left it 12 hours, still no reply so I messaged and asked if there was any update and was ignored.

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

"If you send me details I'll see what I can do. Not many spaces left but trying to establish priorities. "

I said, ok thanks and sent my details. Left it 12 hours, still no reply so I messaged and asked if there was any update and was ignored.

So instead of drawing the conclusion that since there were not many places left you've missed out you're taking offence that they didn't respond to a follow up message? 

I’m not sure who you were texting but with all due respect I think club officials had enough on their plate in terms of accommodating the season ticket holders, media etc for probably the most important game in our history.

I don’t think the reason for the non-reply is that they are unwelcoming, more that there was a lot of stuff going on and the odd neutral trying to get into the game (despite the fact it was well advertised as ST holders only) isn’t going to be high on their agenda.

Going forward, if restrictions allow, your attendance/support will be more than welcome at Glebe Park.

41 minutes ago, greendot said:

So instead of drawing the conclusion that since there were not many places left you've missed out you're taking offence that they didn't respond to a follow up message? 

I'm a potential customer that they chose to ignore rather than show a bit of courtesy when they're at a very precarious point in their history. Certainly not "renowned for being extremely hospitable". 

All it did was confirm to me why the club is preparing for a Highland League campaign.

Actually, I don't think I'll bother with giving my support to Brechin City. Evidently, it's not wanted. It's a shame but if the club doesn't get its act together then it will start appearing frequently in the same sentence as Third Lanark.

1 minute ago, gm_1982 said:

I’m not sure who you were texting but with all due respect I think club officials had enough on their plate in terms of accommodating the season ticket holders, media etc for probably the most important game in our history.

I don’t think the reason for the non-reply is that they are unwelcoming, more that there was a lot of stuff going on and the odd neutral trying to get into the game (despite the fact it was well advertised as ST holders only) isn’t going to be high on their agenda.

A neutral who was a potential regular customer...They didn't know whether I was neutral or not.

All I did was contact the number they gave to inquire about match tickets.

They replied to the initial message, so I'm sure taking less than a minute to message and say "Sorry, but blah blah" wouldn't have been too much of a hardship for them 

I'm a potential customer that they chose to ignore rather than show a bit of courtesy when they're at a very precarious point in their history. Certainly not "renowned for being extremely hospitable". 
All it did was confirm to me why the club is preparing for a Highland League campaign.
Actually, I don't think I'll bother with giving my support to Brechin City. Evidently, it's not wanted. It's a shame but if the club doesn't get its act together then it will start appearing frequently in the same sentence as Third Lanark.
Fantastic. I normally like a good laugh at Brechins expense but the fact that they've got you this riled by not sending you a reply straight away despite them saying they would let you know if and when there was a ticket available for you has made me smile.

22 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Fantastic. I normally like a good laugh at Brechins expense but the fact that they've got you this riled by not sending you a reply straight away despite them saying they would let you know if and when there was a ticket available for you has made me smile.

Yeah, the more he complains the better i feel about them ignoring him!

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

You've reworded their message for them aidenisabawbag. Where do you see them tell me they'll let me know "if and when a ticket becomes available"?...

And you've conveniently left out the part where I said that I "left it 12 hours" so i didn't get "riled by not sending a reply straight away". 

However, I'm not annoyed about it, just disappointed.

You've reworded their message for them aidenisabawbag. Where do you see them tell me they'll let me know "if and when a ticket becomes available"?...
And you've conveniently left out the part where I said that I "left it 12 hours" so i didn't get "riled by not sending a reply straight away". 
Did you remember to put "TB" at the end of your message?

What a complete fud [emoji23]

A neutral who was a potential regular customer...They didn't know whether I was neutral or not.
All I did was contact the number they gave to inquire about match tickets.
They replied to the initial message, so I'm sure taking less than a minute to message and say "Sorry, but blah blah" wouldn't have been too much of a hardship for them 
Haha, it must be the Brechin way to ignore, my apologies...
Calm down Karen [emoji23]

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Did you remember to put "TB" at the end of your message?

Only himself to blame if not

22 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm thinking of following Brechin next season as it's unlikely Pittodrie will be fully open.

Is the friendly next Saturday open to the public and, if so, will it be limited capacity? I don't know if it will the first come, first served type thing

From this........

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Ok, thanks...I don't understand why only 250 are getting in when there were bigger attendances yesterday.

In my experience, I've found Brechin City quite unwelcoming club that don't encourage new support.

I enquired about a ticket for the Kelty Hearts match. I was told that they would check and get back me. I didn't receive another text, so I messaged again and was ignored.

To this..........

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

To this in the space of a day. 😂

Wow!   Just Wow !