The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

22 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Guaranteed there will be the maximum allowable loan players from Hearts, 4 I think. They changed the rules recently after ICT lent 9 players to Fort William, 11 in total over the season. They were still shite.. :P

Drew away at Albion Rovers. All relative.

58 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Gary Wood Signs on. Pretty sure he was decent for Montrose in league 2 not really followed him since he went to the highland league 

He signed for Formartine after we survived the first play off in 2015. Formartine don't seem quite as well off these days as a lot of people are leaving. I saw him a few times subsequently, he's a decent player still and a very useful signing who knows the league well.

Yesterday the Club said there were several new signings to be Announced so we should see another 4 announced today  

How do you come to that conclusion? They’ve already announced 3, why would there be another 4?

36 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

How do you come to that conclusion? They’ve already announced 3, why would there be another 4?

I assumed with the post on the clubs Facebook page they’d be looking to announce several new singings last night and today as this was the last paragraph in the post about inglis and currie signing new contracts they put up last night: 

The Club is also pleased to confirm that several new signings have agreed terms and will be announced in due course - keep your eyes peeled later tonight and tomorrow!

EA38BE45-BC94-428B-AA0D-5811F9831079.png

Edited by Citytillidie

I assumed with the post on the clubs Facebook page they’d be looking to announce several new singings last night and today as this was the last paragraph in the post about inglis and currie signing new contracts they put up last night: 
The Club is also pleased to confirm that several new signings have agreed terms and will be announced in due course - keep your eyes peeled later tonight and tomorrow!
EA38BE45-BC94-428B-AA0D-5811F9831079.thumb.png.70be147c530368cf8098b889f4b630da.png

And they have indeed confirmed several new signings over last night and today, so where are you getting another 4 from that?

20 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

EA38BE45-BC94-428B-AA0D-5811F9831079.png

Several signings were announced last night and today. 

Don't know what part of that was not correct . 

I wonder what the "unforeseen circumstances" were that caused the Vics friendly to get postponed?  Nae as many players as planned? :unsure:

Edited by Hedgecutter

I wonder what the "unforeseen circumstances" were that caused the Vics friendly to get postponed?  Nae as many players as planned? :unsure:
Probably Covid cases. Quite a few friendlies seem to be cancelled for that reason.

See Davo has joined you guys, think that’s a cracking signing for you as he’s still capable of L1 or L2 in my opinion for a season. He’s a decent no nonsense type player but you will have to put up with the odd stupid heads gone moment and red mist. Definitely a player most Rovers fans like while giving the guy dogs abuse for the slightest mistake.  He’ll certainly not be afraid to get stuck in if you’re up against a physical team. 

26 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

See Davo has joined you guys, think that’s a cracking signing for you as he’s still capable of L1 or L2 in my opinion for a season. He’s a decent no nonsense type player but you will have to put up with the odd stupid heads gone moment and red mist. Definitely a player most Rovers fans like while giving the guy dogs abuse for the slightest mistake.  He’ll certainly not be afraid to get stuck in if you’re up against a physical team. 

Sounds like he'll go down well,when he rocks up to Victoria park infront of the Buckie massive !!

7 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Sounds like he'll go down well,when he rocks up to Victoria park infront of the Buckie massive !!

You’ll love him 95% of the time, and cry in frustration 5% of the time. Excellent awareness and distribution are his strengths, a tendency toward red mist and being goaded into things is his weakness. You could easily see opponents being a bit more tentative coming across the middle with Davo in there, and he is a genuine threat on corners and other set pieces. As was cryptically referred to earlier, expect him to get suspended for a week or two around Christmas, accumulated yellows is a popular way.

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm thinking of following Brechin next season as it's unlikely Pittodrie will be fully open.

Is the friendly next Saturday open to the public and, if so, will it be limited capacity? I don't know if it will the first come, first served type thing

The preseason against Dundee United is limited to 250 people with season ticket holders taking priority 

26 minutes ago, greendot said:

The preseason against Dundee United is limited to 250 people with season ticket holders taking priority 

Ok, thanks...I don't understand why only 250 are getting in when there were bigger attendances yesterday.

In my experience, I've found Brechin City quite unwelcoming club that don't encourage new support.

I enquired about a ticket for the Kelty Hearts match. I was told that they would check and get back me. I didn't receive another text, so I messaged again and was ignored.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

38 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Ok, thanks...I don't understand why only 250 are getting in when there were bigger attendances yesterday.

In my experience, I've found Brechin City quite unwelcoming club that don't encourage new support.

I enquired about a ticket for the Kelty Hearts match. I was told that they would check and get back me. I didn't receive another text, so I messaged again and was ignored.

Wouldn't have said the club is unwelcoming because you couldn't get a ticket for the kelty match.  As with the United match the numbers set by the government / sfa only allowed 250 tickets. The club do exactly the same as what your team does with European tickets, prioritise their existing fan base first which encourages you to keep buying a season ticket so you can reap the benefits over casual / new fans. I wouldn't find your nose out of joint cos the club is prioritising tickets for a friendly to season ticket holders. In previous seasons that fixture would attract 10 times the number of fans being allowed in from both sides including any neutrals.