The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We seem to be forever living in your head rent fee. 

A delusion that you keep telling yourself as you plummet further and further down to the pub league ranks. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

I have no idea if Andy will be any good or not but he will get my backing. Appreciate it looks like a Hearts connection has got this over the line - so what? Time will tell.

And if we end up with some Hearts cast offs, not bothered - its all about (is there anything else) results on the pitch and the way we play.

Here's to new beginnings.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

A delusion that you keep telling yourself as you plummet further and further down to the pub league ranks. 

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

Yet you still keep  obsessive trolling .  

What a sad sack you really are. 

As I said , we are in your head and you can't let go. 😉😂

Edited by theoriginalhedge

Thought you would be going for someone that knows the HL inside out and would shift the recruiting focus to the Aberdeen area. Strange pair of appointments unless there's somebody stepping in to bankroll a central belt based team in a big way to do promotion in a single season given the way most of Levein and Kirk's contacts will be at the upper end of the range in SPFL terms. 

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Thought you would be going for someone that knows the HL inside out and would shift the recruiting focus to the Aberdeen area. Strange pair of appointments unless there's somebody stepping in to bankroll a central belt based team in a big way to do promotion in a single season given the way most of Levein and Kirk's contacts will be at the upper end of the range in SPFL terms. 

Just have to wait to see what transpires. 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If so then I hope it's extra money being brought in from somewhere.  I have this fear of seeing the parachute payments plus more being squandered in a high-risk attempt to get out of a league that doesn't have automatic promotion.

Edited by Hedgecutter

13 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

10 loans from Hearts inbound, IMO

IIRC, the SHFL loan set-up was indeed amended after ICT attempted to turn Fort into a colt team, and is based on whatever the SPFL one is, whatever that is. 

A repeat of the ICTWilliam experiment is unlikely, I know that much. 

31 minutes ago, Brechin City FC said:

I’m not overly excited about this appointment given his lack of experience. Hopefully Levein’s input will help there. His record with Hearts Women wasn’t exactly what you would call decent: 

Did he not get half the team pregnant...:whistle