The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Can’t quite believe the amount of people who are commenting on the Facebook post saying they think Paton should have been given time to build a squad. 

That is exactly where it has been going wrong for the last 4 years! Not being decisive enough and hanging onto managers, letting them build teams then bringing in a new man who can’t get it own players!

18 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

None. Brechin would have probably gone through the trapdoor last year, but conveniently dodged it.

Fucked it this year though and their whining looks like it’s fallen on deaf ears. Out of interest, sometimes you reap what you sow.

The only c**t whining on here is you. 

43 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I take it Brechin are not to be considered ambitious , or are not allowed to have the ambition to bounce back up again? 

Aren’t you pretty dire financially at the moment? Going to need to be a hell of a bounce back.

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Aren’t you pretty dire financially at the moment? Going to need to be a hell of a bounce back.

We aren’t dire financially.  There is going to be an injection of cash, whether it is enough for us to be competitive at the top of the league I don’t know.

20 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Your dodgy chairman going to wangle some deals with his pals at the top table again?

Considering he resigned that post is about to leave the club, not sure how he does that.

39 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

We aren’t dire financially.  There is going to be an injection of cash, whether it is enough for us to be competitive at the top of the league I don’t know.

Was sure I had read somewhere that you were nearing going bust, obviously wrong.

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I take it Brechin are not to be considered ambitious , or are not allowed to have the ambition to bounce back up again? 

...which if the chat on Fitba North about Brora dialing back a bit financially is accurate isn't necessarily mission impossible. Next couple of years are a window of opportunity for a few clubs before WoS clubs start entering WoS in a big way and now Kelty are no longer around.

13 hours ago, Marten said:

The seethe still coming from Hearts & Partick Thistle is getting annoying.

Not ALL of us Marten, but it’s absolute rockets like these which is why myself (brought up a Hearts fan) and to a lesser extent my mate from Maryhill don’t really bother about our “big” teams anymore, it’s just embarrassing.

Good luck Brechin, it was a dirty move trying to wriggle out the playoffs but it’s history now. You are a great club and you will love the Highland League with new clubs, new places to visit and the added bonus of Buckie coming down and filling your stadium with their 30,000 away fans. I doubt once you’ve got your shit together you’ll be there for long... but enjoy the journey and rise above the clowns on here

Fast forward a year and a few wrongs have been put right. Unlucky!

Honest answer now, what would Hearts have done if they were 11th at the time, in a playoff place and could have voted to avoid it?