The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, greendot said:

Aye we should take a leaf out of hearts book who took their relegation with grace and humility......https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/15/hearts-legal-action-spfl-relegation-scottish-premiership 🤔

Why would we? (and more so Partick) it was a farce.

Unlike your club, we have never ever denied progressive teams the chance of entering and climbing the league pyramid.

I wish Brechin all the best in their attempt to regain league status next season.

14 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Dear Brechin FC & Fans

I came on this site a few days ago and had a rant at all things Brechin.  My comments were based on anger at events over the past year and on reflection we're  completely out of order! 

Over the past few days I have reflected on my comments and the pelters I received in response - which I have concluded were richly deserved! 

I occasionally  let my emotions run away with me as I did in this instance. So I would like to say sorry and offer my apologies. 

I am sincere in saying that I do have sympathy for what has happened to  your club and like PT Fans you will be feeling a sense of injustice. However  I hope that whatever league you find yourself playing in you win it and return to the National Leagues very soon. 

Its time to start a new era for both our clubs and I look forward to our  next meeting on the football field. I hope that you can accept the apology offered. 

Best of luck in the future. 

A very contrite PT Fan. 

A Partick fan has no reason to apologise to anyone for anything.

I don't see any injustice for Brechin City. Just karma.

9 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Unlike your club, we have never ever denied progressive teams the chance of entering and climbing the league pyramid.

Utter p*sh.

The first time around, all playoffs were frozen by the SPFL which is why neither Brora or Kelty got the chance to play each other, never mind Brechin.

This time around, in a last ditch attempt to stay up, Brechin's proposal was that League 2 should become a 16 team league, which would have seen both the LL and HL champions promoted without the need for a single playoff round, never mind two.  Yet in your clearly warped mind that's denying teams a chance to rise through the pyramid?

cheryl-cole.gif

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Utter p*sh.

The first time around, all playoffs were frozen by the SPFL which is why neither Brora or Kelty got the chance to play each other, never mind Brechin.

This time around, in a last ditch attempt to stay up, Brechin's proposal was that League 2 should become a 16 team league, which would have seen both the LL and HL champions promoted without the need for a single playoff round, never mind two.  Yet in your clearly warped mind that's denying teams a chance to rise through the pyramid?

cheryl-cole.gif

Get fucking Doon 😂

What is bugging me most is the thought that other clubs with ambition need to take a place in the SPFL.

What this in reality means is that someone (and they are free to do so) has launched a decent wedge at LL /HL clubs to get them up, Cove and Kelty particularly but Edinburgh with no ground does not incur the same cost as others so surely have a decent budget too.

Rewind pre 4 years ago and we were a pretty successful club with championships and promotions in there. You don't get these without being ambitious. Alas like many PT clubs you are only a few poor decisions away form our position. Change is coming that should help rectify the situation.

37 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

What is bugging me most is the thought that other clubs with ambition need to take a place in the SPFL.

What this in reality means is that someone (and they are free to do so) has launched a decent wedge at LL /HL clubs to get them up, Cove and Kelty particularly but Edinburgh with no ground does not incur the same cost as others so surely have a decent budget too.

Rewind pre 4 years ago and we were a pretty successful club with championships and promotions in there. You don't get these without being ambitious. Alas like many PT clubs you are only a few poor decisions away form our position. Change is coming that should help rectify the situation.

Cove don't have a sugar daddy, despite popular belief. They have just been very successful in getting corporate sponsorship.

Do you think Spartans are letting Edinburgh City play at Ainslie Park out of the goodness of their hearts? They'll be paying a decent rent, similar to what I imagine they pay the council once they're back in the redeveloped Meadowbank.

Many clubs don't own their ground but lease it, Stirling Albion being an example in SPFL2. So long as it a secure tenancy and they're not taking the piss geographically, what's the problem?

Edited by Cyclizine

15 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Why would we? (and more so Partick) it was a farce.

I wish Brechin all the best in their attempt to regain league status next season.

Play off spot does not equal relegation spot, therefore no "progressive" clubs were denied the chance etc etc.

What other playoffs took place in the SPFL last season as a matter of interest?

25 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Ah yes that progressive club Hearts who'se current chairwomen not so long ago was saying 'Scotland has too many senior clubs'.

Like the BBC Scotland sports desk, she doesn't know what "senior" means.

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

Cove don't have a sugar daddy, despite popular belief. They have just been very successful in getting corporate sponsorship.

Do you think Spartans are letting Edinburgh City play at Ainslie Park out of the goodness of their hearts? They'll be paying a decent rent, similar to what I imagine they pay the council once they're back in the redeveloped Meadowbank.

Many clubs don't own their ground but lease it, Stirling Albion being an example in SPFL2. So long as it a secure tenancy and they're not taking the piss geographically, what's the problem?

Cove have specific investors 

8 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Your dodgy chairman going to wangle some deals with his pals at the top table again?

6 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Ah yes that progressive club Hearts who'se current chairwomen not so long ago was saying 'Scotland has too many senior clubs'.

TBH she is not wrong, there are too many clubs in Scottish football. There should be 2 large divisions (3 at most) and a north and south conference with teams feeding into it. I was all for the wee teams but after being shafted by them they can sod off. Clubs happy to relegate us cause they had us and Falkirk in League 1 and they could get money from our travelling support (covid fucked that thankfully) and part time clubs in the Championship seeing us as a threat happy to get shot of us and save their own bacon!

Getting relegated the way we did was shite, but every option would have fucked over someone. I don't think we can really complain too much. The club was an absolute shambles at the time and that's the reason we found ourselves in last place. Wanting to kick East Fife and Stenhousemuir out of the national leagues is not exactly a proportional response.

Grow up, suck it up and move on. Bitterness and grudge-holding never looks good. We've just had an incredible end to the season, let's ditch the petty negativity and look forward.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Getting relegated the way we did was shite, but every option would have fucked over someone. I don't think we can really complain too much. The club was an absolute shambles at the time and that's the reason we found ourselves in last place. Wanting to kick East Fife and Stenhousemuir out of the national leagues is not exactly a proportional response.

Grow up, suck it up and move on. Bitterness and grudge-holding never looks good. We've just had an incredible end to the season, let's ditch the petty negativity and look forward.

On yersel happy clapper, you might be happy being ridden raw and be a Jacqui Lowe fanboy but we should never forget the injustice served upon us by those who were corrupt and in positions of power. If you are happy to accept it once you will be ready for a pumping when it next comes along. Stop being so limp wristed and man up.

Cove have specific investors 
Utter pish to suggest otherwise.

If it was stenny who had a sugar daddy/s I would just embrace it and flaunt it to wind other fans up.

Kelty are the worst. Trying to convince themselves they are a well run club and that's why Austin et al is there. It's a strange attitude, almost as if they are embarrassed.

Embrace it and shove it in our faces until it eventually runs out.

On yersel happy clapper, you might be happy being ridden raw and be a Jacqui Lowe fanboy but we should never forget the injustice served upon us by those who were corrupt and in positions of power. If you are happy to accept it once you will be ready for a pumping when it next comes along. Stop being so limp wristed and man up.
I'm not quite sure how me calling the club a shambles equates with me being a Jacqui fanboy, it's quite obviously the opposite. You're the one parroting her cringeworthy "injustice" pish.