The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

54 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

BOD beat Carnoustie on penalties in the Tayside/North inter-regional trophy before the lockdown (Lochee needed penalties to beat Banchory). I think it's fairly close between BOD and Tayside - they are all together in the "North" rankings http://scotscores.theroonba.com/clubrank/clubranknnon.html

Yeah, I haven't seen any of the teams in 4 years but I would assume there wouldn't be much between BOD and the top 3 in the Midland League. I'd be surprised if they're quite so high in comparison to the mid-table HL clubs though, it's not like Forres, Nairn, Huntly etc are haddies. We'll maybe see soon enough.

35 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

There looks some decent grounds in the HL, anything around 100 miles ain't too bad a journey is it. Go on Brechin, try and take 100 to away games to create an atmosphere,could be a brilliant season eh. Plenty more clubs scared stiff of being relegated, but they will be ! Hopefully the crowds hold up and you enjoy the games.

In terms of grounds, history, heritage, locations, journeys and community involvement in clubs, the HL might be the best league around. Relegation for Brechin is a cloud with a pretty shiny silver lining. And I suspect they'll get some healthy visiting supports too, as the new boys and the big cheese in the league.

Dear Brechin FC & Fans

I came on this site a few days ago and had a rant at all things Brechin.  My comments were based on anger at events over the past year and on reflection we're  completely out of order! 

Over the past few days I have reflected on my comments and the pelters I received in response - which I have concluded were richly deserved! 

I occasionally  let my emotions run away with me as I did in this instance. So I would like to say sorry and offer my apologies. 

I am sincere in saying that I do have sympathy for what has happened to  your club and like PT Fans you will be feeling a sense of injustice. However  I hope that whatever league you find yourself playing in you win it and return to the National Leagues very soon. 

Its time to start a new era for both our clubs and I look forward to our  next meeting on the football field. I hope that you can accept the apology offered. 

Best of luck in the future. 

A very contrite PT Fan. 

On 24/05/2021 at 16:21, GordonS said:

Wick's in Caithness, Brora is in Easter Ross. I know a lot of people (most?) include Caithness in the Highlands but geographically, linguistically and historically it's more like Orkney.

Whit?

Good luck Brechin in your quest to return from The Highland League.
Incredible to see the most spectacular implosion in modern times. From Championship against the likes of St Mirren and Livingston to Brora and Fort William in 4 years is incredible. Never a dull moment. Always liked A trip to Brechin and I hope you regroup and return to the mainstream in the near future. Good luck

3 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Dear Brechin FC & Fans

I came on this site a few days ago and had a rant at all things Brechin.  My comments were based on anger at events over the past year and on reflection we're  completely out of order! 

Over the past few days I have reflected on my comments and the pelters I received in response - which I have concluded were richly deserved! 

I occasionally  let my emotions run away with me as I did in this instance. So I would like to say sorry and offer my apologies. 

I am sincere in saying that I do have sympathy for what has happened to  your club and like PT Fans you will be feeling a sense of injustice. However  I hope that whatever league you find yourself playing in you win it and return to the National Leagues very soon. 

Its time to start a new era for both our clubs and I look forward to our  next meeting on the football field. I hope that you can accept the apology offered. 

A very contrite PT Fan. 

To be honest, emotions, irrational hatred and 'get it right up ye' outbursts are part of football and it'd be all the poorer for not having that. You take your medicine (and assiduously bookmark P&B posts) when your team is shit and you dish it back out all the louder when they're good.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Sutherland - Cataibh. Hence the wildcat on the badge.

I never looked closely enough to notice that it was a wildcat; just presumed that it was a lion.  Thank you for the education.  :)

'The Cattachs' right enough... but then again, a lion is also a cat... and mostly wild.  Plus they roar, and you can't say Brora without roar.  So there.

49 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I never looked closely enough to notice that it was a wildcat; just presumed that it was a lion.  Thank you for the education.  :)

'The Cattachs' right enough... but then again, a lion is also a cat... and mostly wild.  Plus they roar, and you can't say Brora without roar.  So there.

Tabby'jesus.

4 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Incredible to see the most spectacular implosion in modern times. 

Tbf, Cowden were just a penalty shootout (against a LL side much weaker than today's Kelty) from doing exactly the same thing.  Funnily enough, that was on the very same day that we won promotion to the Championship (I went to both games one after the other, just making our's*).

*eta: actually, that's a lie - I misjudged the travel time and missed the first 10-15 mins, although I saw all 7 goals.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbf, Cowden were just a penalty shootout (against a LL side much weaker than today's Kelty) from doing exactly the same thing.  Funnily enough, that was on the very same day that we won promotion to the Championship (I went to both games one after the other, just making our's*).

*eta: actually, that's a lie - I misjudged the travel time and missed the first 10-15 mins, although I saw all 7 goals.

And that's what happens when Wee teams start to slide. They just keep sliding. Brechin should have learned.

Good luck to them, no Cove or Kelty for competition I really hope they can get hold of some better players and bounce back.

12 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

Dear Brechin FC & Fans

A very contrite PT Fan. 

Good to see your dad has apologised on your behalf!

On 25/05/2021 at 07:28, LincolnHearts said:

Swing and a miss champ.

I'm laughing because they have a chairman who has been whining his tits off trying to stop relegation/promotion from and into league 2, which screams of hypocrisy when you consider he was in favour of medicine being taken last year.

Aye we should take a leaf out of hearts book who took their relegation with grace and humility......https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/15/hearts-legal-action-spfl-relegation-scottish-premiership 🤔