The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Only just realised that all of the four Angus clubs will be in different leagues next season, so not a single Angus derby.  :o

Brechin City will be three leagues below Arbroath.

Brechin City will be one league above Montrose Roselea and Forfar West End.

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Colt teams 100% but BSC, Caledonian Braves and the Uni teams are there on merit.

Like SPFL 2 the LL should be opening their relegation and some of the clubs you mention will drop down.

They are not there on merit at all. When the lowland league was formed they cobbled together a load of shite to bulk up the old EoS sides that joined it. No attempt was made to bring in sides like Linlithgow, Bo’ness etc instead they got newly formed glorified boys clubs like Cumbernauld colts, edusport academy, bsc Glasgow and parachuted them straight in at tier 5. 

Edited by Clyde01

I’ve no great love for Brechin, especially after that disgraceful season following their play off win over us where they put precisely zero effort into staying up themselves. Definition of a club happy to just bobble along in the lower reaches of the SPFL comfortable as you like. Cheerio.

14 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

No attempt was made to bring in sides like Linlithgow, Bo’ness etc

That’s because TJ told them that they would have to install £125,000 toilet blocks and have Tuesday night games to Elgin... and they bought it for years. I’m sure Linlithgow had nearly everything in place for a license too so could easily have joined from the start.

Even when Kelty realised it was bs, it took wee Dalkeith Thistle to have the balls to take the pledge and started the avalanche to the EoS.

Edited by Spyro

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I suspect that there'll be a fair few fans of other league clubs reading this thread, quietly thinking "f***, this could genuinely be us within the next decade".

Given the gradual improvements in the LL especially, it's more likely than not that other so-called established SPFL clubs will also fall through the trapdoor.

tenor.gif

100% - I think the league will look a lot different in 10 years time.

If we’re going to continue with the pyramid, which we will obviously, then I think what we need is automatic 2 up (winners of LL and HL), 2 down (9th and 10th) gives teams more chance of going down but also a much more achievable route back up.

17 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

They are not there on merit at all. When the lowland league was formed they cobbled together a load of shite to bulk up the old EoS sides that joined it. No attempt was made to bring in sides like Linlithgow, Bo’ness etc instead they got newly formed glorified boys clubs like Cumbernauld colts, edusport academy, bsc Glasgow and parachuted them straight in at tier 5. 

That’s because the juniors were a million miles behind in their thinking, and scoffed at the LL when it was formed.

Your posts are detached from reality. The LL would've went null and void if they were able to put Kelty forward to the play-off, but they couldn't so they went PPG. The promotion spot has always been up for grabs and the tier 6 leagues knew this - the LL would just increase the league to 18 like they did last year.
Applications were only taken when there were spaces available. It's obviously that unless your name is Celtic or Rangers and have £25k there's not a chance of getting into the league other than by promotion/relegation.
Yes, but it didn’t?? The tier 6 leagues missed an open goal by one of them not declaring a champion, they would have gone up unchallenged.
The Colts thing is only for one year, so their is no application process, and no need for one.
There was clearly 2 spaces available in the LL for next season and they have chosen to fill that with the two Old Firm Colt teams rather than from any of the clubs in tier 6.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm really not sure what your point even is now. Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline have populations that you'd reasonably expect to accommodate Championship clubs, which they do. Methil/Leven/Buckhaven has a population roughly similar to plenty of other L1 clubs. Cowdenbeath and Kelty are amongst the smallest towns with clubs in the SPFL and North Fife isn't really in the catchment of any of these clubs.

I doubt Fife has more OF fans per head than any other area of Scotland. They're everywhere.

More people in Fife live in towns not represented by SPFL clubs than towns that are.

Regarding the Central Fife area where Kelty is only one mile from the outskirts of Cowdenbeath, Kelty's promotion to the league is likely to impact on them as many folk in Kelty who would watch Cowdenbeath will now watch their "new" local league team. Cowdenbeath's crowds are as low as 200 these days already.

Yes, of course there are OF supporters, but Kelty and Cowdenbeath have a fair number of Dunfermline and Hearts fans too, with the odd Raith supporter. Just up the road in Kinross and Milnathort you're starting to enter St Johnstone territory. A district which should easily support a decent league club has too many mixed loyalties, and I think Kelty could be one too many for Cowdenbeath..

23 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Absolute nonsense.......

They cobbled together all that were interested at the time to form the Lowland league,the fuckin juniors weren't interested in it thru a web of lies, bullshit and arrogance plus a loyalty to a dying "grade" .

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Regarding the Central Fife area where Kelty is only one mile from the outskirts of Cowdenbeath, Kelty's promotion to the league is likely to impact on them as many folk in Kelty who would watch Cowdenbeath will now watch their "new" local league team. Cowdenbeath's crowds are as low as 200 these days already.

Yes, of course there are OF supporters, but Kelty and Cowdenbeath have a fair number of Dunfermline and Hearts fans too, with the odd Raith supporter. Just up the road in Kinross and Milnathort you're starting to enter St Johnstone territory. A district which should easily support a decent league club has too many mixed loyalties, and I think Kelty could be one too many for Cowdenbeath..

Aye. it's far too simplistic to look at it from a Fife-wide level. You'd imagine plenty places in North Fife will have more Dundee/Dundee Utd supporters than supporters of Fife clubs as well.

4 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

There was clearly 2 spaces available in the LL for next season and they have chosen to fill that with the two Old Firm Colt teams rather than from any of the clubs in tier 6.

They have to leave after one season, what tier 6 club would enter on that basis???

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

I’m an Arbroath fan and am totally embarrassed by your post.

Do you not remember that we were 2 or 3 games away from potentially the same fate just a few short years ago? This could happen to any part-time team in the league and possibly even some full-time ones too. We could easily be in that position within 5 years. Brechin and Cowdenbeath before them were recent championship sides playing way above us, yet a 3 or 4 bad years and look what can happen... and believe me, I’ve been a fan long enough to have seen us have way more than 3 or 4 bad seasons in a row in the past.

Personally I’m very sad to see Brechin go down and really hope they bounce back soon.

Lichtie78 getting told..🤣🤣🤣