The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Always felt it was a wee bit of an anomaly that Angus, with less than 100,000 people had four league clubs.

However, Fife now having five hardly improves the geographic scope.

Fife has a population of 372,000. Still about 75,000 per SPFL club, if you want to think about it that way. Which isn't really far off the figure for most areas of Scotland. Angus still has far fewer people per SPFL club than Fife does, even with Kelty replacing Brechin.

Aye defo Starko,they'll get a warm welcome wherever they go.

They'll just have to put up with tales of how massive Buckie's support is lol !!!!

Their games against Brora,Fraserburgh,Formartine etc will judge how well they're gonna do next season..

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Doesn’t matter if it helps them or not League Champions should be promoted at every level if they meet the criteria the 0.5 relegation bottleneck is a bigger joke than the Self Preservation League with its 1 relegation spot a few years back.

The LL weren't in a big rush to arrange something to promote someone into their league this year despite the outcry when it was thought there wouldn't be a play off into SPFL 2.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Fife has a population of 372,000. Still about 75,000 per SPFL club, if you want to think about it that way. Which isn't really far off the figure for most areas of Scotland. Angus still has far fewer people per SPFL club than Fife does, even with Kelty replacing Brechin.

Does that mean that much? The dynamic in fife is significantly different to Angus in terms of the spread of population and indeed fans.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Took you long enough to get there ken.

I absolutely love the hedge,  it’s a fantastic place to watch football from, one of the best as long as it’s dry.

Name a better hedge in soggy conditions.  Such wild claims require substantiation.

47 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Ken Ferguson gave up his position on the league board to give his upmost attention to the situation the club was in.

So wtf did he actually do? 

Make no mistake he is the main reason that our club is finished. 

I await his resignation.

He resigned as he had an obvious conflict of interest.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The LL weren't in a big rush to arrange something to promote someone into their league this year despite the outcry when it was thought there wouldn't be a play off into SPFL 2.

How could they promote anyone, all the tier 6 leagues went nil and void???

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Name a better hedge in soggy conditions.  Such wild claims require substantiation.

What like was it at the end of the game?Did the players acknowledge the fans or did they just go straight up the tunnel?

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Apologies for my inaccurate statement,  I mean the hedge side terrace,  I don’t actually watch games from inside the hedge, such an experience would be wildly different and tbh I don’t think I’d like it.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They said they would promote someone if they declared licenced champions. The past couple of years with Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness they have actually went out of their way to ensure if promotion took place when they easily could have discounted them.

There was a clear opportunity for the EoSFL to declare a licenced champion after the WoSFL & SoSFL null & voided. Ultimately the EoSFL opted to null and void like the other Tier 6 leagues.

1 hour ago, Citytillidie said:

Well we can’t say this ain’t been coming no complaints it is a deserved relegation.Massive changes needed at our club top to bottom be interesting to see who we can recruit for next season. Anyone else think patons managerial career is over before it started, getting a club relegated in your first job can’t look good on the CV....

If ye contact Johnny Harvey ex Berwick manager he might be able to give some advice.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

What like was it at the end of the game?Did the players acknowledge the fans or did they just go straight up the tunnel?

Didn't see tbh (I was watching the videolink). 

I totally agree they’ve been hypocritical and they should be criticized for it too, but it’s the two wrongs don’t make a right. I’d like to see the LL relegate 3 teams to allow the EoS WoS and SoS champions to all move up. To me that’s the point of a pyramid that teams find their level.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

I totally agree they’ve been hypocritical and they should be criticized for it too, but it’s the two wrongs don’t make a right. I’d like to see the LL relegate 3 teams to allow the EoS WoS and SoS champions to all move up. To me that’s the point of a pyramid that teams find their level.

Can you explain how they were supposed to promote somebody from tier 6 when all three leagues went nil and void??

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Does that mean that much? The dynamic in fife is significantly different to Angus in terms of the spread of population and indeed fans.

No. I'm just saying it's not really as if Fife has 'too many' clubs if someone was thinking about it that way. But it's a largely ridiculous way to think about it.

Yes, two of them being much bigger town clubs in Pars and Raith..........and there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Fifers that I encounter that support a club based in Govan - which is strange given its east coast location.

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Why would they be in a rush to promote someone? The LL were already temporarily at 17 clubs (and were likely to go back to 16 thanks to Kelty), they didn't need any more teams.