The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Brora, now undoubtedly seething at seeing Brechin top of the league from the first second of the season.  It's already all our's to lose.

The Broch are 'Fr' of course, a whole 8 places behind their southern overlords.

All the best Hedge,you certainly should finish above us !!!

17 minutes ago, Binos said:

Might get a bit more shit off the wife by the time you get home though!!

Either she loves me and is happy that I enjoy myself, or she's glad to see the back of me... :unsure2:

When our youngest is old enough to be left at home, which will be pretty soon, then we'll probably do this sort of trip together.

Very sorry to see a cracking wee club go down. As others have said no room for error now in League 2. The prospect of the Highland League is a really uninspiring prospect for a club like Brechin. Hope you can re-group and fight your way back at the first time of asking - the longer it goes the harder it becomes. Most people want to see a football meritocracy from a competitive standpoint but when you see smashing clubs like Brechin and Berwick with great histories falling out of the league it is hard not to really feel for them.

Ken Ferguson gave up his position on the league board to give his upmost attention to the situation the club was in.

So wtf did he actually do? 

Make no mistake he is the main reason that our club is finished. 

I await his resignation.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Brora, now undoubtedly seething at seeing Brechin top of the league from the first second of the season.  It's already all our's to lose.

Positive thinking i like it. We usually refer to the Broch as BA------  please feel free to knock a few past them

3 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Very difficult to tell tbh.  With the current squads? Probably.  With whatever we end up with next season?  Who knows. 

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Brora were secretly relieved Banks O'Dee never accepted the invite to the HL imo.

4 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Ken Ferguson gave up his position on the league board to give his upmost attention to the situation the club was in.

So wtf did he actually do? 

Make no mistake he is the main reason that our club is finished. 

I await his resignation.

Don’t think he will be a well liked man around the city anymore....

7 minutes ago, drs said:

The same idiot was tweeting earlier that Brechin were looking to go into the Lowland League, sports journalists in scotland really know nothing about what they actually cover.\

I did look over some of the tweets and he flipped flopped between all over the place. Brechin trying to change the rules, the rules are changing, the HL not keen on another club because it would mean more midweek games (17 teams play over rounds due to one team sitting out anyway). Then finally a tweet that credits someone instead of the all ill informed rumours he's been getting.

Sorry to see Brechin go down, but today they feel short of what was required ( the sending off never helped), but there was too much punting the ball up the park and hoping for the best ( time and time again Kelty were winning all the high balls in their 18 yards box).

Brechin seemed short of ideas and today they really needed something a little more than hoofing the ball up the park - Kelty seemed happy to soak up these long balls all day long.

Hopefully Brechin can restructure and bounce back soon.

5 minutes ago, Sir Richard said:

Ken Ferguson gave up his position on the league board to give his upmost attention to the situation the club was in...

Probably resigned in the huff when he realised he wasn't going to be able to get the playoffs cancelled. What followed with all the talk of legal challenges etc was clutching at straws. The rules were clear that it wasn't the SPFL's role to determine how the HL or LL arrived at a champion. He also wasn't able to get the Club 42 boundary shifted so people on here overestimated his level of influence.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Probably resigned in the huff when he realised he wasn't going to be able to get the playoffs cancelled. What followed with all the talk of legal challenges etc was clutching at straws. The rules were clear that it wasn't the SPFL's role to determine how the HL or LL arrived at a champion. He also wasn't able to get the Club 42 boundary shifted so people on here overestimated his level of influence.

That  comment sounds like it's been taken straight off  BBC sportsound. 

Good to see the media all out naming and shaming Chris McKee already, with almost all of the outlets making sure that the reader knows that he's a Rangers loanee.

Enjoy playing out the rest of your career at the likes of Ballyclare Comrades, c***o.

Brechin will look forward to playing Devronvale, the only club who’s ever sent us a thank you letter after beating them. No they were a genuinely nice bunch of fans when they played us in the cup as were the other Highland League clubs we’ve faced. The one good thing for Brechin going down is they’ll get to play some new teams and have a few good away days.

37 minutes ago, Citytillidie said:

Don’t think he will be a well liked man around the city anymore....

What do you mean anymore!!!

My late uncle (who was a prominent Brechin business owner),hated him and his brother and always said they were "fuckin crooks"! His words not mine!

Edited by Sir Richard

52 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Took you long enough to get there ken.

I absolutely love the hedge,  it’s a fantastic place to watch football from, one of the best as long as it’s dry.   Brechin clearly have a lot of problems right now and I hope they stop the rot and start to rebuild ASAP.

That said the pyramid is fantastic and the HL is the the right place to do that. Best of luck.