The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Zero tolerance now though.

And as much as it's probably going to totally f*** my team over in its greatest hour of need, quite rightfully so.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McKee called Easton a gay boy and that's enough for a red card. I'm sure we hear worse most weeks. I'm not condoning it but does the ref need to give straight red. Perhaps yes, perhaps no

Would you say the same if he called a Black player a "Black boy"? 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

McKee called Easton a gay boy and that's enough for a red card. I'm sure I've heard much worse standing pitchside most weeks. I'm not condoning it but the ref needs to have a word and maybe if he repeats then take more decisive action

No. Rules are rules.

There’s no equivocation on discrimination. Red card rightly issued.

”have aword”? With yourself, maybe.

It’s awful for Brechin. They were holding their own, too.

McKee called Easton a gay boy and that's enough for a red card. I'm sure we hear worse most weeks. I'm not condoning it but does the ref need to give straight red. Perhaps yes, perhaps no

Players have to set the example, it’s taken a long time to change crowds attitudes to racism but it had to start with the players, we’ve all heard homophobic language on the terraces and some of us have probably used it ourselves in the past. The SFA and SPFL are rightly trying to change this and any player using it will likely face serious disciplinary action.

Rightly gone, and hopefully McKee gets a lengthy ban. There needs to be a zero tolerance approach to this shite.

On top that, imagine being another one of those Brechin players, having to go back out in this important a match knowing a teammate has got you down to ten men for something like that.

2 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

No. Rules are rules.

There’s no equivocation on discrimination. Red card rightly issued.

”have aword”? With yourself, maybe.

It’s awful for Brechin. They were holding their own, too.

Yeah fair play. I certainly wouldn't utter that language in my work place or to anyone and a moment of reflection I now realise it's a straight red. 

Austin should have buried that. It's not looking massively unlikely for Brechin to sneak a set-piece goal here and Kelty haven't been great, but surely the man advantage is going to tell.

Thought he was basically penalised for being too honest, should have been a foul and probably a red card before the shot.

11 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Homophobic language apparently 

😂 Presumably an, "English c***!" directed at a Scot would similarly see a red for racism🤔.

Still, the ref will be in all the papers tomorrow. The Grauniad might even send a journo north.... assuming they still have paid journos on the staff🙄. I'm sure Emily Maitlis will wear a skimpy skirt when she interviews him for the BBC.

1 minute ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

😂 Presumably an, "English c***!" directed at a Scot would similarly see a red for racism🤔.

Still, the ref will be in all the papers tomorrow. The Grauniad might even send a journo north.... assuming they still have paid journos on the staff🙄. I'm sure Emily Maitlis will wear a skimpy skirt when she interviews him for the BBC.

Put the bottle down